Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Drum lessons

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:40 AM
  • 10 Replies
So hubby has this friend who works at a music store and plays in a band.. He offered to give my kids music lessons for a good price and both Ashton and Madelyn said they want to learn to play the drums.. Help me now! Ashton has shown some interest in music over the years and was learning keyboard in his support class last year.. I have no idea how these lessons will go, they are using another friend's drum set at the church to learn on and if it goes well we will (gasp) buy a drum set to set up in our basement.. Or maybe kids will decide they want to learn the guitar lol
by on Jan. 26, 2017 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Jan. 26, 2017 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Fun!!! I know probably scary too, I played the flute and I know my parents were probably tortured when I was first starting out and sounding absolutely horrible LOL

Ralgj
by April on Jan. 26, 2017 at 4:19 PM
How fun! My 10 year old has been talking about playing the drums. I think you're set with the basement!!
Charizma77
by Carissa on Jan. 26, 2017 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh yeah, any drum playing will be down there!

Quoting Ralgj: How fun! My 10 year old has been talking about playing the drums. I think you're set with the basement!!
Charizma77
by Carissa on Jan. 26, 2017 at 5:59 PM
I know my dd wants to eventually be in the marching band, she's only in 4th grade so who knows what Instrument she will wind up playing but she's super excited to learn the drums.. I think Ashton just wants to make noise.. The thing is this guy reached out us wanting to reach him (he knows Ashton has autism) so at least he's prepared (or thinks he's prepared lol)

Quoting ineedcoffeemom:

Fun!!! I know probably scary too, I played the flute and I know my parents were probably tortured when I was first starting out and sounding absolutely horrible LOL

rebecca_new_mom
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2017 at 6:56 PM

That sounds like fun!! :)

magmommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2017 at 12:56 AM
Glad they are interested! Music is awesome for any child to learn. Drums- a bit scary. I'd hope for the guitar ;) either way it's great! I play the piano and Anna is starting to play around. I started classes at her she but she's not quite there developmentally. I've shown her how to hold her hands but mostly it just drives everyone crazy, and putting it out of tune. Lol
MixedCooke
by Group Admin on Jan. 27, 2017 at 4:12 AM

Samara loved her bongos that I bought her when she was 2!  It should be some sensory fun for the whole family!

Jaimielorai
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2017 at 7:05 AM

My son took them and loved them, there were kids of varying levels of disabilities and I saw some kids actually were drawn to learning and the challenge of keeping up and mimicking the instructor.  Oh some kids ran around when they heard the music but the instructor got them focused and they learned.

K1tten
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2017 at 8:51 AM

LOL, my son is 8 and he is on his 3rd set of drums. The first two were the kiddie and junior sets but last Christmas we got him an adult set and he loves them! His harde3st thing is weak hand muscles so were hoping this helps strengthen them up. He is one of those kids that listens and picks up the beat. Over the summer we are having a local kid come work and teach him. I can't because i have RA in my hands pretty bad so I cannot hold the sticks to play. I bet he'll do fine. Zion wants to master the drums then try the piano...not a keyboard type but the big one..lol and I have NO room for one. He says we can put it on one of the outside decks and he can seranade the neighbors. We got the drums from a place online called guitar world, decent price but if he takes an intrest, look on craig's list and the newspaper. Many sell them at a price to have them gone, even pawn shops which is where we got all the extra pieces to the set he wanted. I saw a set on FB real cheap but they werte gone 20 minutes after she posted it.

mypbandj
by Jen on Jan. 27, 2017 at 1:37 PM

oh my goodness. Have you bought ear plugs yet? LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)