Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At what age do you think they are old enough to bathe themselves?

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 12:46 AM
  • 8 Replies

At what age do you think they are old enough to bathe themselves?

Samara would play in the water all night even if we had a little sign of what to do in there.

by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 12:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mrswillie
by Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 9:57 AM
I don't think there's any right answer to this question. It really depends on the child and where they are developmentally.
rebecca_new_mom
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:12 AM

Ethan helps bathe himself but I am right there with him. And I wash his hair. He's almost 5.

sunshinepraying
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:33 AM

I agree.. it's hard to say. It depends on the child and how independent they are able to be and how they are doing developmentally. Our daughter is 5 and she can take a shower herself now, although she has a lot of trouble being alone so usually either I still shower with her, or we are in the bathroom while she showers and check her hair to make sure she gets all the shampoo out and stuff (she doesn't always get it out yet). I can't remember when our oldest started showering himself. I think he took baths until maybe around 5 or 6 and then started taking showers himself. We do still check to make sure he gets the shampoo out of his hair as well though.

Quoting mrswillie: I don't think there's any right answer to this question. It really depends on the child and where they are developmentally.

mamamedic69
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 8:16 PM

My dd is almost 8 and I still help her with her hair and give her reminders of what she needs to do. I am in the bathroom but not physically helping her bathe.

single_mom_2015
by Member on Apr. 10, 2017 at 8:38 PM

My son is 9 and bathes himself. I leave the bathroomm door open and check on him though.

momofnatalie
by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 11:57 PM

I agree it depends on their developmental level.  

lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Apr. 11, 2017 at 12:23 AM
It depends on the kid. Xavier can wash himself without any help but he needs help with washing his hair.
We watched a video on YouTube nearly every night before bath. I can wash my hair, I can wash legs, I can wash my toes, I can wash my arms, I can wash my hands, I can wash my back. I can wash my face. It's a puppet in a bubble bath and he sings the song a few times.
XO.__
by New Member on Apr. 11, 2017 at 7:06 AM
I think that when it comes to our children there's no one size fits all. My DS is going to be 10 and I still need to help him wash his hair and brush his teeth properly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)