Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does any other mom here get clawed? (Sensitive topic)

Posted by on May. 26, 2017 at 6:13 PM
  • 14 Replies
My 9 year old has been clawing me for several months now. My arms have markings. We are addressing it through therapy, but I wanted to know of any other mom's experiences.
by on May. 26, 2017 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KnittingMomC
by Member on May. 26, 2017 at 6:27 PM
Oh, and I am not having a pity party, or asking for one. I just want to know if someone else is dealing with the same thing, and how they are dealing with it.
kit_manson
by Member on May. 26, 2017 at 6:37 PM
Yes. My son is six.

Tying it to an allowance has helped a lot, though it still happens on occasion. If he finishes his chores for the week (clean room according to his Room Cleaning Chart, cats fed, and did 3 tasks that I asked) and hasn't done this, he gets $6 to be divided between spending and saving. I still have scars, but he's made some fantastic improvements.
trippyhippy
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2017 at 7:12 PM
Yeah we've definitely gone through that stage. I actually have a scar where the ink from one of my tattoos is missing in a spot in the shape of his little finger nail. Now we've moved on to slapping
MixedCooke
by Group Admin on May. 28, 2017 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this
No but I would keep her nails short and filed.
celestegood
by Member on May. 28, 2017 at 8:03 PM

Yes.  A behavior chart helps, and keeping nails short has helped us.

LadyAmaranth
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2017 at 9:31 PM

Clawed, hair pulled, kicked, punched, pinched, things chucked at me, bit til I started to bleed.

conweis
by Member on May. 30, 2017 at 5:12 PM
Yes I went through this with my oldest when he was little. None of the therapy approved methods worked with him.
One day he almost yanked me down the stairs by my hair. He was six-ish and a very strong kid. My SO his dad snapped, grabbed him up and spanked him and told him he better never see him do that again. DS never did it again. I think being punish by daddy made him realize just how bad he was.
FTR SO was a very patience, calm, soft spoken person. For him to get angry meant the boys had exhausted all other options.

Quoting LadyAmaranth:

Clawed, hair pulled, kicked, punched, pinched, things chucked at me, bit til I started to bleed.

LadyAmaranth
by Silver Member on May. 30, 2017 at 5:20 PM

Ya nothing has worked so far with mine but he's 13 so we are running out of time before none of us can handle him anymore cuz he'll be bigger than me soon.
When my husband was alive he spanked him, I'm not anti-spanking, but it did work to stop it at times but it never lasted.
C is just a hard nut to crack LOL. Trying new things and I'm considering changing therapy places too.

Quoting conweis: Yes I went through this with my oldest when he was little. None of the therapy approved methods worked with him. One day he almost yanked me down the stairs by my hair. He was six-ish and a very strong kid. My SO his dad snapped, grabbed him up and spanked him and told him he better never see him do that again. DS never did it again. I think being punish by daddy made him realize just how bad he was. FTR SO was a very patience, calm, soft spoken person. For him to get angry meant the boys had exhausted all other options.
Quoting LadyAmaranth:

conweis
by Member on May. 30, 2017 at 6:28 PM
My oldest is now 13 and is five inches taller and about 50 lbs heavier than me. If I was at my ideal weight, he would have 100 pounds on me.
We knew it was a behavior that had to be stopped when he was little. At six he could pick me up.
If he was still that aggressive now, I would have to send him to a home, especially now that his dad is gone. 😞

Quoting LadyAmaranth:

Ya nothing has worked so far with mine but he's 13 so we are running out of time before none of us can handle him anymore cuz he'll be bigger than me soon.When my husband was alive he spanked him, I'm not anti-spanking, but it did work to stop it at times but it never lasted.C is just a hard nut to crack LOL. Trying new things and I'm considering changing therapy places too.

Quoting conweis: Yes I went through this with my oldest when he was little. None of the therapy approved methods worked with him.
One day he almost yanked me down the stairs by my hair. He was six-ish and a very strong kid. My SO his dad snapped, grabbed him up and spanked him and told him he better never see him do that again. DS never did it again. I think being punish by daddy made him realize just how bad he was.
FTR SO was a very patience, calm, soft spoken person. For him to get angry meant the boys had exhausted all other options.

Quoting LadyAmaranth:

emarin77
by Gold Member on May. 30, 2017 at 6:55 PM

We do the same thing and he does not claw.

Quoting MixedCooke: No but I would keep her nails short and filed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)