Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How often to you buy heavier weighted blankets?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 11:49 PM
  • 6 Replies
My son loves his weighted blanket, however I made it when he was 4ish and he's now 9 (on June 11). It weighs 7lbs and he weighs about 80lbs. So he can go up to 11lbs. But spending couple hundred dollars on a 4 lb heavier blanket seems silly. How often do you buy heavier ones? His isn't working as well as it used to.
by on Jun. 4, 2017 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 8:32 AM
Sam doesnt like his. He liked it when he was younger, but his replacement (3 years ago?) has been a flop. :(
belle2780
by Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 8:37 AM
My son always liked the heavy Sherpa fleece blankets at Walmart. My mom bought me one recently after surgery. It was about 30 bucks. Anyway my son loved it so much she bought one for him as well. He is 9 and weighs 120, the blanket probably weighs about 10 to 15 pounds.
patnic
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 8:24 PM

I've only purchased one.  I got it heavier than was recommended at the time.

I guess if it isn't working as well, you could try to go heavier, but it is a lot of moo-lah.

Noahs-Mom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 10:01 PM

Our first one I bought from sensacalm. That one I rounded up a bit.... we kept it till it was falling apart. My MIL make hs newest one..... she also rounded up a bit. 

mamamedic69
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2017 at 10:48 PM

I haven't been able to afford one. If the one he is using isn't working as well maybe getting him another one but it is a lot of money.

sunshinepraying
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2017 at 11:32 AM

I had one for our oldest, but he didn't use it much. It was one that a group made for families.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)