Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rock climbing

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 4:34 PM
  • 4 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

My friends took Abby rock climbing with them today, she took to it like a mountain goat. Out of all the things that make her anxious heights are not one of them.
Her therapist suggested a sport but she doesn't really do group sports it's not fun for her so I thought this would be something she could try out.
by on Aug. 4, 2017 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MixedCooke
by Group Admin on Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:17 PM
Wow that's great! Yeah it's my NT child that is my scaredy cat, not Samara at all! I'm sure their sensory issues play a role in that.
LCWAmommy
by Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:19 PM
It was crazy how fast she climbed up, she ever tried one with an overhang

Quoting MixedCooke: Wow that's great! Yeah it's my NT child that is my scaredy cat, not Samara at all! I'm sure their sensory issues play a role in that.
MixedCooke
by Group Admin on Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:27 PM
Samara went up a tall water slide that was 4 stories high. It was poor planning on my part because I rode right after her but didn't have someone waiting on the bottom for her and when I got down, she was gone! Went right into freak out mode but then I was trying to figure out if she likes it enough to go back up or did she go back to the kiddie section. I looked up at the stairs for the slide and I could see her hands flapping as she went back up to slide again!

Quoting LCWAmommy: It was crazy how fast she climbed up, she ever tried one with an overhang
Quoting MixedCooke: Wow that's great! Yeah it's my NT child that is my scaredy cat, not Samara at all! I'm sure their sensory issues play a role in that.
LCWAmommy
by Member on Aug. 4, 2017 at 6:40 PM
Oh my gosh! I don't know how many times Abby's wandered off on me. She's better now that she's older but when she was younger she got an idea in her head and she was going to do it.

Quoting MixedCooke: Samara went up a tall water slide that was 4 stories high. It was poor planning on my part because I rode right after her but didn't have someone waiting on the bottom for her and when I got down, she was gone! Went right into freak out mode but then I was trying to figure out if she likes it enough to go back up or did she go back to the kiddie section. I looked up at the stairs for the slide and I could see her hands flapping as she went back up to slide again!

Quoting LCWAmommy: It was crazy how fast she climbed up, she ever tried one with an overhang
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)