Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sedated dentist appt this morning!

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2017 at 10:07 AM
  • 7 Replies

Leaving in a few minutes to take Cheyanne to the hospital for her first sedated dentist appt. I went back and forth over the last few months about whether to do it this year or not. I wanted more time to get her used to and comfortable with the dentist, but I also know she's messed with her mouth off and on for a while and her two adult teeth that are coming in shows major crowding in her mouth. So said ok, let's do this so we at least know what's going on and what we might need to be prepared for in the future, since's she's never had an actual cleaning or xrays yet.

Please pray everything goes well!!

by on Aug. 15, 2017 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Aug. 15, 2017 at 4:06 PM
My fingers, arms, legs and eyes are crossed hoping for smooth easy day and that the dental visit goes well with minimal (if any) intervention necessary.

Keep us posted.
ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Aug. 15, 2017 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this

It went as well as a trip to the hospital can go. Cheyanne recognizes all the hospital stuff now and is not happy about any of it. She was scared to death of the hospital bed but thankfully they were VERY accommadating. We didn't go to a children's hospital this time and I swear this hospital did some things alot better than the children's hospital. When it was apparent Cheyanne wasn't going to get in the hospital bed, even after taking the liquid sedative, they brought me full sterile gear to walk her back to the procedure room. I ended up carrying her back to avoid the bed altogether.

Thankfully dentist said the teeth coming in looked fine, it's resolving itself. But was good we did this because she had 3 cavitities that he took care of while she was under. And they gave her i.v pain meds after she started waking up because she woke up incredibly upset. Its made her much more groggy than the other time she was sedated but much better to be groggy than in pain.

Quoting SamMom912: My fingers, arms, legs and eyes are crossed hoping for smooth easy day and that the dental visit goes well with minimal (if any) intervention necessary. Keep us posted.

Momof4AEMW
by Platinum Member on Aug. 15, 2017 at 10:17 PM
Glad it went well!!
mypbandj
by Jen on Aug. 15, 2017 at 11:05 PM
So happy it went well!

Quoting ineedcoffeemom:

It went as well as a trip to the hospital can go. Cheyanne recognizes all the hospital stuff now and is not happy about any of it. She was scared to death of the hospital bed but thankfully they were VERY accommadating. We didn't go to a children's hospital this time and I swear this hospital did some things alot better than the children's hospital. When it was apparent Cheyanne wasn't going to get in the hospital bed, even after taking the liquid sedative, they brought me full sterile gear to walk her back to the procedure room. I ended up carrying her back to avoid the bed altogether.

Thankfully dentist said the teeth coming in looked fine, it's resolving itself. But was good we did this because she had 3 cavitities that he took care of while she was under. And they gave her i.v pain meds after she started waking up because she woke up incredibly upset. Its made her much more groggy than the other time she was sedated but much better to be groggy than in pain.

Quoting SamMom912: My fingers, arms, legs and eyes are crossed hoping for smooth easy day and that the dental visit goes well with minimal (if any) intervention necessary.

Keep us posted.

MixedCooke
by Group Admin on Aug. 16, 2017 at 6:00 AM

I hope it went well!  Yeah I had to do it with Samara too since she would barely let them even do X-rays!  It maxxed out her dental benefits in one shot though!   :*(

ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Aug. 16, 2017 at 7:39 AM
We dont have dental insurance so it cost us $600 out of pocket.

Quoting MixedCooke:

I hope it went well!  Yeah I had to do it with Samara too since she would barely let them even do X-rays!  It maxxed out her dental benefits in one shot though!   :*(

mamamedic69
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2017 at 9:56 PM

Glad it went well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)