Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We have been sick

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2017 at 10:30 PM
  • 11 Replies

for a bit under a week... I hate this.  My house is TRASHED. My youngest son has a new staff person who I really really dislike for a haldful of reasons. I talked to the lead staff person and told him either fix ir or replace her. He feels that I am overreacting I am pretty sure. 

On a better note my youngest has had the same cold for a few days and does NOT have croup So YAY!!! He has also had a nearly dry bed for 2 days in a row!!!!! YAY 

And wait there is more!!!!! He went to put his shirt on and turned it to put it on CORRECTLY. AMAZING. Three times he has fixed his shirt!!!! 

I know we are rocking it over here..... 

And and my kids narrowly esacped lice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So low grade fever, trashed house and all we have rocked it. 

How are all of you doing?

by on Aug. 18, 2017 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Aug. 18, 2017 at 10:46 PM

Its been a crazy week, first sedated dentist appt which found 3 cavities that had to be fixed. Then the next day I thought my daughter may have eaten a magnet so we went for xrays ....... Thank the Lord she didn't! And those things done with my husband out of town on business trip. Today's been a pretty crappy day for her, woke up too early so every single thing that made her meltdown. 

But through all of it, I got alot accomplished around the house. Cleaned out nearly every closet and with the magnet scare I completely cleaned out my daughter's room of any tiny or broken toys and all magnets. Threw a bunch of refridgerator magnets away too, only have a handful at the very top of the fridge now. 

Charizma77
by Carissa on Aug. 19, 2017 at 10:08 AM
Hope everyone feels better soon! We just got back from Myrtle Beach and we are all tired and school starts this Thursday and I'm not ready for it.. I don't want summer to end.. it's been a really good summer and my baby is going to kindergarten and I'm gonna be a hot mess..

mamamedic69
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2017 at 10:27 PM

Wow! Crazy week for you guys! I hope y'all get to feeling better soon.

Noahs-Mom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2017 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL When my oldest went to school the first day of school I called his teacher 15mins. I get it. 

Quoting Charizma77: Hope everyone feels better soon! We just got back from Myrtle Beach and we are all tired and school starts this Thursday and I'm not ready for it.. I don't want summer to end.. it's been a really good summer and my baby is going to kindergarten and I'm gonna be a hot mess..

Noahs-Mom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2017 at 8:20 PM

Lucky How do you clean???? My house looks like a bomb sight. It is terrible. 

Quoting ineedcoffeemom:

Its been a crazy week, first sedated dentist appt which found 3 cavities that had to be fixed. Then the next day I thought my daughter may have eaten a magnet so we went for xrays ....... Thank the Lord she didn't! And those things done with my husband out of town on business trip. Today's been a pretty crappy day for her, woke up too early so every single thing that made her meltdown. 

But through all of it, I got alot accomplished around the house. Cleaned out nearly every closet and with the magnet scare I completely cleaned out my daughter's room of any tiny or broken toys and all magnets. Threw a bunch of refridgerator magnets away too, only have a handful at the very top of the fridge now. 

ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Aug. 20, 2017 at 10:00 PM

I found that drinking lots of coffee and not eating anything all day gives me a high and takes away the time of preparing and eating food. So this is what I did the couple of days my daughter was at school last week, lol. My husband came home and asked if I was on meth! Hahaha ........  I was scrubbing the wallls in the kitchen when he asked that. The house started going downhill this weekend though, but I have kept it from getting too bad. Since I got so much done which in all honesty is a rarity for me, I did not want it all going to waste so I was on every mess my child made ..... which was alot of them. Somehow she got ahold of sore throat spray. Didn't consume any thankfully but did pour it in my bedroom carpet, and its the bright red cherry one.

Quoting Noahs-Mom:

Quoting ineedcoffeemom:

johnny4ever
by on Aug. 21, 2017 at 1:03 PM

The flu bug has been going around here.

sunshinepraying
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 9:30 PM

Glad it's not croup. I hope you all feel better.

MamaLauri
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 10:17 PM

You might be interested in "Study Finds Fever May Lead to Improved Behavior in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders"

https://www.autismspeaks.org/science/science-news/study-finds-fever-may-lead-improved-behavior-children-autism-spectrum-disorders

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18055656

http://content.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1889436,00.html

Noahs-Mom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 11:30 PM

I have OCD my house being a mess is enough to drive me crazy... I have seen sick enough that I have no spoons at all to do anything. It takes everything I have to unload and reload the dishwasher. I have been doing it in steps.... 

My oldest son takes out the recycables and my youngest helps with wiping down surfaces in the kitchen.... but given we are all sick.... not so much.... 

Quoting ineedcoffeemom:

I found that drinking lots of coffee and not eating anything all day gives me a high and takes away the time of preparing and eating food. So this is what I did the couple of days my daughter was at school last week, lol. My husband came home and asked if I was on meth! Hahaha ........  I was scrubbing the wallls in the kitchen when he asked that. The house started going downhill this weekend though, but I have kept it from getting too bad. Since I got so much done which in all honesty is a rarity for me, I did not want it all going to waste so I was on every mess my child made ..... which was alot of them. Somehow she got ahold of sore throat spray. Didn't consume any thankfully but did pour it in my bedroom carpet, and its the bright red cherry one.

Quoting Noahs-Mom:

Quoting ineedcoffeemom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)