Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so irate right now I can't even think (so sorry if this is just a jumbled mess of words)

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2017 at 12:42 PM
  • 12 Replies
So we moved over the summer and decided to give the new school district a try. It's supposed to be one of the best in the state for SN. And if some of you will remember we greatly struggled with our previous district.

This morning about 45 minutes before school, I get a call from the SN teacher at the school. She asked if I could hang around a few minutes after I drop Ben off. She had been reviewing his IEP over the weekend and she needs to address something with me immediately. We have meeting set on Thursday with his team, so I was pretty concerned. The SN teacher pulls me in a conference room with the principal and the assistant director of SPED for the corporation. I have spoken with this woman over he phone but had yet to meet her in person. The director immediate says "We need to inform you that we are filing an complaint with the state board of education concerning your previous school on behalf of Ben." They stated they would be making claims for misconduct and unprofessionalism. She stated changes were made to the electronic copy of his IEP after my last signature. Basically the SPED director for our previous district went back into his file and wrote that DH and I are uncooperative and really have no grasp on our child's deficits after I signed the yearly IEP in May. She also stated that mom and perhaps both parents perhaps need to be investigated for Munchausen's. Parents are using "unconventional" treatments to try and "cure" his autism and unwilling to provide needed medication.

The new director said she is beyond flabbergasted by these accusations. She has never encountered such unprofessionalism in an IEP file. The director herself has a SN child and has treated biomedically and she said she is shocked that a school administrator would write what this woman wrote. They gave me a copy of where the administrator wrote her opinion of us and suggested we report her too. We most definately will be writing a letter to the BOE and I'll be providing copies to both the school board and the Superintendent.

I am so mad right now it has taken everything not to drive the 2 1/2 hours back down there and confront this woman! She is the principal of a school! DH and I are going to write the letter tonight (he leaves for Mexico tomorrow) and I'm bringing up every dumb thing that woman ever said to us. I'm going to do everything in my power to see that she is fired. I don't know if I have ever been this angry 😡.
by on Aug. 21, 2017 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Aug. 21, 2017 at 1:06 PM

Wow!Thank goodness they discovered what they did and are heading up the unprofessional behaviors.Crazy..hugs!

by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 2:58 PM

So glad this new school is looking out for #1, Your Child!

Wow that is horrible!!! Glad they brought it to your attention immediately!!!

Yes I would file some kind of complaint too!

by Platinum Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 6:48 PM
Wow!!!! So not ok!!!!
by Amy on Aug. 21, 2017 at 8:10 PM

Holy crap! Yeah, I'd be irate as well.

Get that letter written, reviewed, rewritten, notarized if you have to and send it certified so you have proof that it was received!

I am furious right here with you. HOW DARE SHE!

by Carissa on Aug. 21, 2017 at 8:24 PM
Wow. Just wow! That is absurd and so glad you are Or of that district and in a much better one.. glad the new school caught that quickly and is acting on it. Hugs!
by Julie on Aug. 21, 2017 at 9:12 PM

That's awful! In addition to the scathing letter you are writing, I would also write a commendation for the staff at the new school and mail that as well. Bring cookies or donut holes or some other treat to the IEP meeting as a thank you. 

by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 10:04 PM

Major kudos for your new teacher and director. I hope your past "team" loses their licences. The APA recognizes ASD's medical issues. They are clueless and exceedingly harmful. Unfortunately many schools illegally require dangerous off-label drugs for ASD and ADHD, to make it easier to "manage" kids, not caring about their long term negative effect on the children.

by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2017 at 10:59 PM

Glad the new school saw all of this and are on your side. I would be spitting nails.

I would so be writing letters and doing whatever you can to get them out of their postions. They have no business working with SN kids if they are that unprofessional.

by Silver Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 8:21 PM
Wow! And they were dumb enough to document their stupidity in writing. I would talk to a lawyer - if there is an ARC near you they may have one that works pro bono - especially in a case like this with solid evidence - who knows how many children and families this person has negatively impacted!
by Jen on Aug. 22, 2017 at 11:10 PM
Speechless. I am speechless.

So happy they brought this to your attention and I pray she loses her job or worse.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)