Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another birthday=Another Autism meltdown

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2017 at 7:57 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I love my daughter but I hate her autism! It's like everyone's birthday and every holiday is spent more focused on keeping her calm or being orchestrated by her hyper focus of the moment that they cannot be enjoyed! Instead of fun family times, we end up all on edge and/or arguing with each other! Just another thing NT parents take for granted...😖😩😓😢 My last little princess turned 3 today! Thank God she is showing no signs of autism!
by on Aug. 22, 2017 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trippyhippy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 7:59 PM
Believe me I understand and feel the same way. Hugs
mamamedic69
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2017 at 9:52 PM

Happy birthday to your last little princess.

I fully understand. I love my dd but hate the autism. It can make holidays very stressful.

Charizma77
by Carissa on Aug. 23, 2017 at 9:34 AM
Happy Birthday to your seeet little girl. When Ashton was younger birthdays (especially siblings and peers) were hard too but as he got older he learned to handle them better (actually he enjoys them now).. Hoping the same for you! Hugs!
Charizma77
by Carissa on Aug. 23, 2017 at 9:35 AM
Oh, and I just LOVE that cake! And if I didn't say it before your kids are just the cutest!
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2017 at 9:45 AM
Beautiful pictures!!!
I hear you on walking on eggshells.

Ive always said "the management" is the hardest part.
johnny4ever
by on Aug. 23, 2017 at 7:50 PM

Happy Birthday..what a cute cake!

MomLeslieM
by Member on Aug. 31, 2017 at 1:04 PM

Yes....but I can tell you that as she gets older it will get a little easier....but there's still always that hyper-focus I think --- especially in extended family situations!!!   Try to enjoy when you can.........

Ralgj
by April on Aug. 31, 2017 at 2:16 PM
Awe great pics! Hugs!! I get it.
single_mom_2015
by Member on Sep. 2, 2017 at 9:23 AM

My nephew's birthday is 4 days before my son's birthday. He hates it if we sing to them and he hates if they get a present and he doesn't. Last year we sang to them on the phone and he screamed the whole time. When they opened a present he wanted it or said "where's mine".

MixedCooke
by Group Admin on Sep. 2, 2017 at 10:06 AM
Yeah she used to scream but now we have to sing for like 3 or 4 times. She would also scream when people clapped. His parents started the crap about everyone getting presents on everyone's birthday but even with her own presents, she still wanted whatever they got. This time we had to separate her because she was causing to commotion but it just didn't feel like it was a "family" celebration. 😓😢

Quoting single_mom_2015:

My nephew's birthday is 4 days before my son's birthday. He hates it if we sing to them and he hates if they get a present and he doesn't. Last year we sang to them on the phone and he screamed the whole time. When they opened a present he wanted it or said "where's mine".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)