Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Last day of summer break

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2017 at 9:42 AM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this
And Ashton's been soaking in the tub for an hour.. he really had mixed emotions and was able to open up to his MT (mobile therapist) last night. Telling her how sad he is about school starting. Ashton had one of the best summers.. and we had such a fun vacation last week. He has shut down though this week.. very quiet and sad. I catch him silently crying and it breaks my heart. He likes school, his friends and his teachers but really loves summer break.. swimming, sleeping in, long baths, no work (well some work at ESY but not much lol)... it's so hard seeing him sad so I'm just going to let him do whatever he needs today to keep himself calm. He starts 6th grade tomorrow! His sister will be in 5th grade and in our district one of the schools is just 5th and 6th so they will be together and I'm sure see each other often.. that should be a good thing! We found out one of his good friends from his mainstream class will be with him again (in mainstream class), we love his support teacher and she is excited about the upcoming year and addition of 3 new students to the support class. The hardest part for me is my youngest starts kindergarten tomorrow.. this will be my first time being kid free every week day.. and it's only half day but I'm still a mess. Having anxiety about it. He's ready but I'm not. I'm pathetic lol..
Thanks for reading this and your support!
by on Aug. 23, 2017 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2017 at 10:03 AM
Holy cow! Jackson is starting K??!
How is that possible!!?! Time just FLEW by!!

Yeah, transitions are so hard. Going from comfort to discomfort. So hard!!!
Maybe today SHOULDNT be so comfortable for Ashton? Lol... (Such a double edged sword!)
Glad MB was great! :)
Charizma77
by Carissa on Aug. 23, 2017 at 11:11 AM
I can't believe my baby is old enough to start kindergarten either.. seems like I was just on here telling everyone I was pregnant again.

I have no car and no plans for today and my kids are so really chill.. it's like we are just taking in the last day.. I'm just glad it's a 2 day school week. wish I was still at the beach!

How's your vacation going? Did you get to see the eclipse? There was so much hype about it while we were there.. signs all over SC and NC. We didn't get to see much of it here in western pa.

Quoting SamMom912: Holy cow! Jackson is starting K??!

Maybe today SHOULDNT be so comfortable for Ashton? Lol... (Such a double edged sword!)

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2017 at 11:29 AM
I was thinking about Jackson being SO little when we first "met". Can NOT believe Kinder, already?!

Vacation was good til last night. :(
Sam COULD NOT SLEEP.
At 9:30 he went to bed to read. At 10:30 I checked on him, WIDE AWAKE! At 11:30 he told me he was scared (vacation house, weird noises) so I laid in the bed.
At 12:30 both of us were awake (and I was grumpy!) he was flipping around the bed.
I went back to my bed.
At 2:15 I woke to "NO NO NO!!!! "he woke me up because he clogged the toilet in his bathroom and couldnt figure out plunger so water was ALL over that bathroom floor. :(
Plunged, Found mop, put bathmats in tub, mopped floor. I went back to bed.
At 3:45 sam is yelling about a bug in his room.
At 5:30 Hubby got up, Sam was awake ALL NIGHT.

Hubby is off fishing, so at 10 sam and I went to community pool.
At 10:30 it gets crowded (7-8 kids) and assorted grown ups. Sam keeps sighing loudly "Im SO TIRED!" Yeah, you havent slept!
Finally I suggest he go sit on lounge chair and he is nodding off.
Sigh... I get out, tell him he should put on his crocs he is too tired, lets go home.
Well, he flips out. :( "Running in place, I dont want to go. Im sorry! Im sorry!"
I hold his face in my hands. "Calmy, (with so many sets of eyes burning into me!) Sweetheart. Its wednesday. You havent slept since Monday. Youre exhausted. Please put your crocs on."
"He yells "I dont know what to do" (meaning stay at the pool or leave.)
I reassure him, Sam, I didnt ask that, I asked you to put on your shoes. We can come back later after you have rested."

He just walked out (not huffy or anything) but I picked up crocs, bag, goggles & noodles and walked out.

I wanted to scream- "he hasnt slept! He has autism! Anxiety." At all those parents who thonk they are SO great because their kids are neurotypical.
Sorry you asked?! Lol...

Quoting Charizma77: I can't believe my baby is old enough to start kindergarten either.. seems like I was just on here telling everyone I was pregnant again.

I have no car and no plans for today and my kids are so really chill.. it's like we are just taking in the last day.. I'm just glad it's a 2 day school week. wish I was still at the beach!

How's your vacation going? Did you get to see the eclipse? There was so much hype about it while we were there.. signs all over SC and NC. We didn't get to see much of it here in western pa.

Charizma77
by Carissa on Aug. 23, 2017 at 1:22 PM
Not sorry I asked at all.. Ashton had a night where he was up almost the entire night as well.. he was with my hubby and Jackson though (boys together and girls together. Its easier than kids together and adults together for us lol).. and my husband said he just giggled a lot and moved around a lot and st one point went out to the living room couch and hung out.. my parents were there as well and my mom gets up at 5:30 so she hung out with him until we got up.. but man, was he exhausted the next day.. it happens almost every year on vacation that he has a night like that and every so many months at home.. we used to think it was something he ate or drank but ruled that out.. hoping the rest of vacation is better!

Quoting SamMom912: I was thinking about Jackson being SO little when we first "met". Can NOT believe Kinder, already?!

Vacation was good til last night. :(

Sam COULD NOT SLEEP.

At 9:30 he went to bed to read. At 10:30 I checked on him, WIDE AWAKE! At 11:30 he told me he was scared (vacation house, weird noises) so I laid in the bed.

At 12:30 both of us were awake (and I was grumpy!) he was flipping around the bed.

I went back to my bed.

At 2:15 I woke to "NO NO NO!!!! "he woke me up because he clogged the toilet in his bathroom and couldnt figure out plunger so water was ALL over that bathroom floor. :(

Plunged, Found mop, put bathmats in tub, mopped floor. I went back to bed.

At 3:45 sam is yelling about a bug in his room.

At 5:30 Hubby got up, Sam was awake ALL NIGHT.

Hubby is off fishing, so at 10 sam and I went to community pool.

At 10:30 it gets crowded (7-8 kids) and assorted grown ups. Sam keeps sighing loudly "Im SO TIRED!" Yeah, you havent slept!

Finally I suggest he go sit on lounge chair and he is nodding off.

Sigh... I get out, tell him he should put on his crocs he is too tired, lets go home.

Well, he flips out. :( "Running in place, I dont want to go. Im sorry! Im sorry!"

I hold his face in my hands. "Calmy, (with so many sets of eyes burning into me!) Sweetheart. Its wednesday. You havent slept since Monday. Youre exhausted. Please put your crocs on."

"He yells "I dont know what to do" (meaning stay at the pool or leave.)

I reassure him, Sam, I didnt ask that, I asked you to put on your shoes. We can come back later after you have rested."

He just walked out (not huffy or anything) but I picked up crocs, bag, goggles & noodles and walked out.

I wanted to scream- "he hasnt slept! He has autism! Anxiety." At all those parents who thonk they are SO great because their kids are neurotypical.

Sorry you asked?! Lol...

Quoting Charizma77: I can't believe my baby is old enough to start kindergarten either.. seems like I was just on here telling everyone I was pregnant again.

goddess99
by on Aug. 23, 2017 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Aww :) hope everyone has a great year!
perrywinkle
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2017 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this
We start in a week. My youngest starts half day preschool- not sure what I am going to do either.
LCWAmommy
by Member on Aug. 23, 2017 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this
School starts Monday for us, no one in the house is thrilled. Abby has been a little whiney and sensitive this past week, more as the week goes on, but we went to check teacher lists and she's happy that she has a teacher she knows and that her friends are in her class. Hoping for a wonderful year.
Charizma77
by Carissa on Aug. 23, 2017 at 3:33 PM
If you lived near me I would say "coffee date" ๐Ÿ˜€

Quoting perrywinkle: We start in a week. My youngest starts half day preschool- not sure what I am going to do either.
Charizma77
by Carissa on Aug. 23, 2017 at 3:33 PM
That's great about the teacher and friends โค๏ธ

Quoting LCWAmommy: School starts Monday for us, no one in the house is thrilled. Abby has been a little whiney and sensitive this past week, more as the week goes on, but we went to check teacher lists and she's happy that she has a teacher she knows and that her friends are in her class. Hoping for a wonderful year.
perrywinkle
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2017 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this
For sure. I hope the first day is good.

Quoting Charizma77: If you lived near me I would say "coffee date" ๐Ÿ˜€

Quoting perrywinkle: We start in a week. My youngest starts half day preschool- not sure what I am going to do either.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)