Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What a day!

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2017 at 5:00 PM
  • 3 Replies
2 moms liked this

My husband's favorite sport growing up was baseball. He played it all through childhood. So when the autism nonprofit we go to was desperate for players for the softball tournament fundraiser, I convinced him to play. It was today. Boy we're tired and his team, all autism dads, was happy to lose to not have to play anymore than the required minimum of 3 games lol. 

I took everything I could think of, tablet, new toys, juice box, gatorade, snacks, the works, to keep Cheyanne happy. For the most part she did do well, if you call wondering the ball field and surrounding park over and over good ..... I got the recommended 10000 steps in for the day by noon. There were also meltdowns and bathroom issues, the things I face every day no matter what is going on. But seeing her reaction to her daddy being on the field was pretty amazing. She was just enthralled, She stood at the fence a good 3-5mins just watching her daddy. 

My husband wants pain meds now, lol. And I'm pretty sore too chasing Cheyanne all over the place. It was definitely out of our comfort zone doing something like this, but it was good. Sucks that the things that are good are also the things that are hard. But greatness can't come easy I guess. I'm glad we did it but also very glad its done. Don't know if we'll talked into it next year lol.

Below are pics ..... she's looking towards her daddy in the green. The second pic is of my husband running, he scored a couple runs! I was very proud of him considering he hadn't picked up a bat in over 10 years lol.

by on Sep. 16, 2017 at 5:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Momof4AEMW
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2017 at 8:21 PM
Looks like a fun day!!!
MamaLauri
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2017 at 9:21 PM

So great, even if stretching your current comfort zone. Shortly it will be within everyone's zone, and everyone has grown. All is good. Then time to stretch again.

ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Sep. 17, 2017 at 9:41 PM
Eh, apparently too far outside my husbands comfort zone. I was hoping he could connect to other autism dads. Try to make a friend or at least enjoy doing more than getting through the weekend meltdowns (the majority of them happen on the weekend). But he was very crabby today and said he was going to make me doing something against my will next time. If he really didnt want to, he should have said something. Instead of being mean about it afterwards.

Quoting MamaLauri:

So great, even if stretching your current comfort zone. Shortly it will be within everyone's zone, and everyone has grown. All is good. Then time to stretch again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)