Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you could afford it or more were available in your area, would you send them to even more therapies?

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2017 at 5:01 AM
  • 15 Replies

??

by on Sep. 26, 2017 at 5:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stephw1110
by Silver Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 7:07 AM
Yes. We actually ended our 4 year relationship with our ABA/therapy center in August and are on a waiting list for a new place and I'm getting pretty anxious about getting him back into something. On the bright side, our insurance agreed to pay for Ben's Chiropractic care up to 20 visits.
perrywinkle
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 11:21 AM

Yes, we are exploring options now. I have held off on therapy after school because he is just too tired to hold it together. But now he is not handling school well and I think he needs more help. 

ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Sep. 26, 2017 at 11:57 AM
Not more but diffeeent therapies. Ones not covered by insurance. I would love to try Neurofeedback and brain gym.
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 3:25 PM
Well getting Sam to participate was always the kicker...
You can lead a horse to water....
So maybe like Brittaney, DIFFERENT and maybe REALLY EXPENSIVE EXPERTS therapies since semi-expensive hasnt done the trick.😜
Momof4AEMW
by Platinum Member on Sep. 26, 2017 at 11:49 PM
I don't think I could. My two have 9 hours of therapy a day amongst 7 different therapies. Plus my oldest has sports daily and now other trip has two nights of activities. I don't have time for what we do now. And I'm not sure what else we could be doing. I'd like better therapies with more progress for my daughter though.
Charizma77
by Carissa on Sep. 27, 2017 at 7:40 AM
At this point no, but if I could go back in time.. maybe
tnunley
by Member on Sep. 27, 2017 at 2:18 PM
his current therapy takes up all of his available time! ABA after school everyday, private pt on Wednesdays, private ot and speech on Thursdays and then 4more hours of ABA on Saturday mornings. My oldest dd also has private ot and speech on Thursdays. My younger dd has speech for an hour twice a week. We are booked!
ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Sep. 27, 2017 at 2:32 PM

How is your littlest doing these days? Has she plateued? 

Quoting Momof4AEMW: I don't think I could. My two have 9 hours of therapy a day amongst 7 different therapies. Plus my oldest has sports daily and now other trip has two nights of activities. I don't have time for what we do now. And I'm not sure what else we could be doing. I'd like better therapies with more progress for my daughter though.

emarin77
by Gold Member on Sep. 27, 2017 at 5:22 PM

My son was diagnosed with mild depression at age 7 but he is doing very well at age 9 now.  No need now for therapy but he has insurance to go in the future if needed.

Rosebud27aj
by Amanda on Sep. 28, 2017 at 10:06 AM
Right now...no. 3 boys with autism...with all their therapies and doctor appts now, then throw my job into the mix...I barely have time for anything else...lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)