Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FRINKIN DONE

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2018 at 9:44 PM
  • 7 Replies

UPDATE

We have opted to get a new furnace.  By the time we buy the part we need and pay for labor replacing it and getting a proper waranty is like 200 dollars more. So whatever. I spoke to the furnace guy last night and he has just texted me he will be here this afternoon to install the new one. 

So what I have learned.... BEFORE you buy a house have a professional who works with Heat and cooling come and look at your stuff. 

All of this is because the drainage trap was not installed correctly. Actually it was an illegal install. Because the water could not drain correctly the water back washed into the system forever damaging the secondary motor...  So by the end of today we should have proper heat. Currently we have 3 large space heaters going.  So the kids are warm.  Our room is ice cold.... but whatever. I also now have bronchitis coming on with a sinus infection. FML

I have just HAD IT

On Christmas our furnace died. Yea we live in Wisconsin the high where we are was 7 degrees today. We have bee 8 days without heat and I am DONE. 

My youngest son is all kinds of behavioral. He is on holiday break and some of his staff took a few days off for the holiday. So his schedule is so far off it is insane. So he is being a pill.  He has peed of my sofa all over the bathroom floor. He has gotten ahold of 2 bottles of oil and dumped them... 

This morning I found the remote had been chewed on my the dog and does not work. Awesome so no morning Blues Clues which is not helping!!!!!!!!!!

I sat today and worked on my chrocketing to go back and find my nearly completed piece had been all pulled out. I AM DONE. I am so damn tired of being cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My DH co-worker use to work on furnaces so he will come look at it tomorrow. If you pray in whatever form that may take PLEASE pray that the dang furnace gets fixed!

by on Jan. 2, 2018 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Jan. 2, 2018 at 10:09 PM
I cant imagine how cold you all are and how that must be affecting all family members. Praying nobody gets sick and your friend can fix the furnace tomorrow!!
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 8:31 AM
Oh NO thats AWFUL!!! That IS a lot to handle!!
I can’t imagne how cold you are! Its 10 here in NY. I hope the heat gets fixed soon!!!
When does school start again?
cailismom
by on Jan. 3, 2018 at 8:36 AM
I've been in your shoes with the furnace. It's not fun. I hope your friend is able to fix it for you. Keep us posted.
LadyAmaranth
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 10:33 AM

Oh gosh I am so sorry. What an awful and frustrating situation, hope it gets resolved tomorrow when your hubby's co-worker comes. 
Winter break just sucks, my kids are tearing each other apart with their antics and I am so grateful they go back tomorrow. It gives me 2 days (which are full of doing stuff for them or my sister) before I go back.
December must have been a doozy for many of us. Somehow 3 of my biggest bill payments never made it to their destinations so I got past due and turn off threats. So I had to come up with money to pay them plus I needed all I could save for textbooks and any tuition I needed to pay. I've been on an anxiety roller coaster so I totally feel ya.

*hugs* Positive thoughts that it all works out and is better by tomorrow.

lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Jan. 3, 2018 at 11:47 AM
I'd be at the nearest hotel. I refuse to live without heat.
I hope it gets fixed asap.
When is the school break end. My kids went back yesterday.
MixedCooke
by Group Admin on Jan. 3, 2018 at 6:25 PM
Awful! Good luck!
Charizma77
by Carissa on Jan. 5, 2018 at 9:42 AM
Oh man.. that is all
Kinds of suck.. I am a few days late to reading this so hope you got your furnace fixed and are staying warm.. it’s 0 degrees at the moment and says it feels like -17.. It’s not Wisconsin but western PA so I’m not as tough as you 😉
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)