Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I the only one...

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2018 at 8:29 AM
  • 18 Replies

Who finds this to be outrageous????

I came across a post in a SN parenting group. This young man is in his twenties and sat down (and still) to get a Tommt tattoo. He was taken to many artist till his family found someone who agreed to do it. 

The issue? The young man has autism and judging from the photos and the other artist that met with him he does not to seem to have the mental where with all  to make such a choice... Here is one of the photos.

Yes he asked for the tattoo... my son also asked for a 200 dollar lego set. It doesn;t mean anything. 
What shocked me was the number of people that defended his family.  

by on Jan. 11, 2018 at 8:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2018 at 8:49 AM
I dont have issue with it providing this is something the family can afford.

I get my kid lots of stuff I think he’d like or want or enjoy.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2018 at 8:50 AM
Maybe its an autism puzzle peice with their cell number??!?! 👍
Charizma77
by Carissa on Jan. 11, 2018 at 8:56 AM
I don’t know how I feel about it.. I don’t have any tattoos so can’t speak from experience and I don’t know how I would react if Ashton asked for one when he was that age..
Noahs-Mom
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2018 at 9:08 AM

An item is a thing.... a toy ect. this is a permanent body modification.  

Quoting SamMom912: I dont have issue with it providing this is something the family can afford. I get my kid lots of stuff I think he’d like or want or enjoy.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2018 at 9:23 AM
Maybe its his total obsession?
I cant tell his cognitive understanding from this photo but he is sitting nicely and willingly.

Quoting Noahs-Mom:

Quoting SamMom912: I dont have issue with it providing this is something the family can afford.

lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Jan. 11, 2018 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this
We want our kids to live as normal as possible. Plenty of his peers have tattoos and piercings etc.
I'm not going to judge his parents for supporting his decision to get a tattoo. It's obvious in the picture and his reaction to having it done it's something he wants.
LadyAmaranth
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2018 at 4:54 PM

If he really wants it and its something he's wanted for longer than a minute than I would be ok with it.

lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Jan. 11, 2018 at 7:19 PM
I agree and once you mention autism and sensory processing disorder most people back out and say I'm not comfortable with it. Regardless of the persons age. Maybe they think the client will be too fidgety or not do well with it and prohibit the work from being done then the client is walking around with a not so great tattoo and that reflects negativily on the artist.

Quoting SamMom912: Maybe its his total obsession?
I cant tell his cognitive understanding from this photo but he is sitting nicely and willingly.

Quoting Noahs-Mom:

Quoting SamMom912: I dont have issue with it providing this is something the family can afford.

goatmom4
by Member on Jan. 12, 2018 at 9:42 AM
They r smart if he ever gets lost they can say he has tattoo we get people all the time if they can't remember their name tattoos help with identity we are in really small town
magmommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2018 at 5:41 PM

i get what youre concern is though. i guess we just have to trust his parents understand the situation enough that they feel it is appropriate. it is scary though. and though mine is lots younger, already i find it difficult to wade through peer pressure idesas vs what he really wants to do mixed with what he actually can handle.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)