Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did you approach it with your kiddo? Out dog Is doing really bad and I think it’s time to have him put down. I’m not sure how Abby is going to take it, we had one cat just go missing a few years ago he was old and I told the kids he probably passed away and Abby didn’t really react but this feels different to me.
Also she doesn’t believe in heaven or anything like that, we’ve had that conversation before to her when you die that’s it. I’m actually more worried about my son I guess he’s pretty attached to this dog, I’m having a really hard time with it too.
by on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:58 PM
Replies (11-15):
lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Feb. 11, 2018 at 12:39 PM
Unfortunately yes. It was not an easy thing to do. The kids were upset for quite a while.
patnic
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2018 at 1:49 PM

Yes, we did.  They were with me.  We were all able to hold him and cry together.  It was tough, but we made it through.

I'm sorry about your dog.  

LCWAmommy
by Member on Feb. 12, 2018 at 1:51 PM
Thank you, I couldn’t do it my husband took him. Before I let the kids know so they could come love him and say goodbye. The vet told my husband it looked like a fast spreading cancer so really there was noting we could have done.

Quoting patnic:

Yes, we did.  They were with me.  We were all able to hold him and cry together.  It was tough, but we made it through.

patnic
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2018 at 1:55 PM

So heartbreaking...

Quoting LCWAmommy: Thank you, I couldn’t do it my husband took him. Before I let the kids know so they could come love him and say goodbye. The vet told my husband it looked like a fast spreading cancer so really there was noting we could have done.
Quoting patnic:

LCWAmommy
by Member on Feb. 12, 2018 at 1:57 PM

Mobile Photo

He was a good old guy, even though he has been pretty blind for a while he was still getting around up until a week or so ago he was still playing and running around like a puppy.

Quoting patnic:

So heartbreaking...

Quoting LCWAmommy: Thank you, I couldn’t do it my husband took him. Before I let the kids know so they could come love him and say goodbye. The vet told my husband it looked like a fast spreading cancer so really there was noting we could have done.

Quoting patnic:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)