Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hours Reduced ***UPDATE***

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2018 at 9:57 AM
  • 6 Replies

My youngest had his in home ABA hours cut by 3 hours. He is severely ASD non verbal with self injurous behavior.

Have any of you been able to fight and get hours back??? How did you do it. My oldest hours where also cut by 30mins. With him I get it he has less of a need. But my youngest??? not cool.

****UPDATE**** I contacted the clinical supervisor for Eli and left her a voicemail. She looked over it paperwork and found some kind of error in how it was written.  She contacted the supervisor of his case and told her to fix it NOW and resubmit it and the error would be mixed. She was upset that it was only fixed because I called her directly and asked questions.  So his supervisor for his case was required to come out and tell me it was fixed.

by on Feb. 15, 2018 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Reese2010727
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2018 at 10:55 AM
Do you have an advocate that you can contact?
ineedcoffeemom
by Brittaney on Feb. 15, 2018 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Is it being supplied through your private insurance? If it is, the need for the hours has to be documented. Like my ABA center sends home data sheets for me to fill out on behaviors we experience like fighting me to take her to the bathroom, meltdowns in public places, meltdowns at home, what specifically she does and what triggered it. They use the data I supply them from home as well as the data they have at the center to justify the number of hours. Because its up to the insurance company how many hours they will give, its not up to the ABA people. 

Ask if there's documents you can fill out on his behavior when he's not receiving the therapy in home and see if that will help get hours back.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2018 at 10:46 PM
Id bring up concerns with regression, and document.
Good luck
MixedCooke
by Group Admin on Feb. 16, 2018 at 2:59 AM

What did they base the reduction on?

Ralgj
by April on Feb. 24, 2018 at 10:45 AM
Wow. Glad you got it fixed!
karene999
by Karen on Feb. 26, 2018 at 2:14 PM

Glad that contacting the supervisor helped.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)