Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

D&G Eyeglasses

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:49 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 257 Total Views

I wouldn't get these again. I've worn glasses most of my life so they're pretty important to me, lol. They were kind of flimsy.  And I spend a pretty penny on eyeglasses because I wear mine sun up to sun down and my Rx is strong and expensive, I need them to last. The little metal D&G sign is on both sides. Less then a week in it fell off on one side. I have no clue when it happened so it was lost. The arms are white plastic, but the front is painted white over the metal, so after a while the difference in the color becomes pronounced because the plastic will suffer discoloration over time. And DO NOT dye your hair any dark colors if you purchase these glasses or you'll pay for it. My lenses have popped out on several occasions. And I mean just doing something as simple as cleaning my lenses has caused them to pop out. You get a good amunt of glare issues because of the metal on the sides of the lenses

These glasses are really attractive. I HAVE dropped them thanks to my LO's on many occasions and they're still alive, lol. But I wouldn't recommend them.

And I payed I believe over $200 for them at cohens (that's not including my Rx) but this was a couple of years ago and I saw them on Ebay today for half that amount.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Ahma-Lily
by Group Admin on Feb. 17, 2011 at 9:58 PM

Sorry to hear you paid so much! I also wear glasses but can go without wearing a name brand frame. That said, I buy my frames from Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Office Depot, etc. and when I go to the eye doctor, they take out the factory lense and put in my actual lense. The pair I am wearing now come from Office Depot, my son picked them out and I love them. I paid $20 for the frame and $100 to be exact for my lenses when bringing my own frames to the eye doctor...just a tip! Glasses cost almost as much as my rent girl...I'm blind lol

These are my frames...

Ahma-Lily
"A MAN works from Sun 2 Sun but A WOMAN's work is NEVER done"
Baby Names -BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker
Group Admin:
http://www.cafemom.com/group/112781/
remaining_me
by Owner - Kay on Feb. 17, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Lol yes. I'm blind myself ,so I'm no stranger to the tips. Sometimes, I don't mind spending a lot because I wear them daily and I think value is in the use. Although I wouldn't recommend these, I did get my money's worth since I've had them since 08, I believe. But I am going less expensive this time around. I buy what looks good on me, whether its $2 or $200, Lol. I'm going to have to checkout my Marshalls!  I've never looked at their glasses.

remaining_me
by Owner - Kay on Feb. 17, 2011 at 10:55 PM

And forgot to say I like those frames! I love long retangular frames. And I miss having black frames. I'm looking for a pair now.

Ahma-Lily
by Group Admin on Feb. 21, 2011 at 11:20 AM

Yes, try Marshalls, they have name brand frames too! I wanted a black pair of glasses but these are brown with a purple outline! I usually don't do rectangular but am this time around! I wear my contacts a lot too so...let me know of course if you find some at Marshalls ;)

Ahma-Lily
"A MAN works from Sun 2 Sun but A WOMAN's work is NEVER done"
Baby Names -BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker
Group Admin:
http://www.cafemom.com/group/112781/
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)