Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why Make a Wish?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:43 PM
  • 5 Replies

What is it about this amazing foundation that speaks to you?

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
shtteredprnces
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:43 PM

I recieved this today from CM, I'm sure several of you did or have gotten it in bulk from some one else lol.  This is honestly a cause near and dear to my heart.  I had an amazing friend growing up that had brain cancer.  They were fairly certain he wouldn't live.  I watched as he lost the majority of the use of his legs, I watched his motor skills begin to decline in general, saw his hair begin to fall out, heard his words begin to slur.  But he kept a smile.  One the reasons was because his family was not well off by any means.  They were extremely lucky to have good medical benefits, but the cost of his care still had them having to sale their house and move into a much smaller trailer.  But because of Make-A-Wish, he felt like not only did he get to do something awesome for himself, he got to take his family to do something awesome they wouldn't have been able to do otherwise.  Like alot of Make-A-Wish kids, he took his family to Disney World.  Erik was one of the lucky ones, his disease didn't kill him and he came out the other side, not all are that lucky.  For me, I will always remember how much having that to look forward to helped him.  In some ways, maybe it saved him.

KBix
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:45 PM
This foundation brings so much happiness to kids who are in not so great life situations. When we were at Disney in May there was a child from make a wish and her face was filled with so much happiness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kyledavidsmom
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:48 PM

This foundation is wonderful and gived so much. I have met a couple make a wish foundation kids. When i was younger and what they go thru is so hard. So this makes them be able to fulfill their one wish. The smiles that are put upon their faces is because of this foundation.  

6girlsrock
by New Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:49 PM

Make a Wish blessed my daughter with her wish, a playhouse.

The volunteers work tirelessly and involve the community around these children and their families. 

We are very blessed by all that MaW has done for us! 

sweettigeress
by on Dec. 23, 2010 at 10:53 PM

It makes children happy to be able to live out their one biggest wish.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)