Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the ghost of Christmas past

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:47 PM
  • 11 Replies
What is your favorite past Christmas memory?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KBix
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 12:53 PM
My little brother and I got bikes when we were little and we just had to go riding at 6am!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LivinDeadGurl
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:39 PM

Spending Christmas in Tennessee with my grandparents. We rarely did it, but it was always so much fun because that entire side of the family was together, which isn't often.

usmclife58
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 11:12 AM

The year my parents got over themselves and spent Christmas with us, together. They had a NASTY split, and still (20 YEARS later) can only find moments to be civil. But that year, they did an amazing thing and I will cherish it forever.

Kuulou
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 11:14 AM

When my children were younger they used to put on christmas shows and plays for my husband and me!  I miss those days! 

sweettigeress
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:01 PM

Everything my parents did for us to make us believe.

cmiller83
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:05 PM

probably my first Christmas with my DH...we were living for together for the first time and tried SOOO hard to hide things from each other...Unfortunately I saw the box from the jeweler and we ended up hiding our presents in the same place without knowing it! My BFF had to go in and get half of them and rehide them so we didn't see each others gifts.

yogapantz
by on Dec. 22, 2010 at 10:43 AM

The year we lived in Honduras, we got one gift each. We also got to go spend two weeks on Roatan, an island off the coast of Honduras. It was awesome! I didn't want to leave.

We also got to spend Christmas day with our cousins who lived down there full time, playing Uno, drinking cocoa in front of the fire place. THAT was best of all!

newbiewmommy
by New Member on Dec. 22, 2010 at 11:04 AM

when I was  a little girl every xmas the entire family would get together @ grandma's house; we're talking about 12aunts/uncles, their kids, both grandpa and grandma (grandpa died of cancer 2 yrs ago), and friends from the neighborhood. THE HOUSE WAS SOOOO FULL OF PEOPLE!!! I remember my grandma and aunts+mom cooking in giant pots making Natilla and Buñuelos (that's a traditional xmas dessert in Colombia) while all us kids would try to steal bits of food here and there :P

I haven't been in Colombia for 11 yrs, that's 11 xmas celebrations I haven't got to enjoy :'(

I miss my family so much, it hurts knowing they're so far away

crying

mstevens10
by on Dec. 22, 2010 at 11:13 AM

Christmas with my grandparents... my grandpa would go on the roof and say ho ho ho.. and he would tell us that it was __ days until he would arrive so we better be good bc you dont want to get moved to the naughty list..lol

TempestRayne
by Member on Dec. 22, 2010 at 8:09 PM

My christmases were pretty ordinary. I remember a couple of xmases I got the presents I asked for, but there are very few that have clear cut memories of.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)