Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas budget

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:13 PM
  • 11 Replies

Do you set a budget for Christmas shopping? Or do you just buy until everyone is bought for no matter the amt. you spend?

If you have a budget, do you stick to it. Or do you always end up going over?

Lusty Lenox

save the date

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elyssa414
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:18 PM

We have strict budget of "Whatever is left over after the bills"! lol We can't really go over, because if there's no more money, there's no more money. (we got into trouble with credit cards a few years back, and are still digging our way out, so we do NOT buy on credit any more EVER)

luka_89
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:19 PM

i budget no matter what lol i could be a millionair and still budget haha i just like knowing how much im spending :) i budgeted $100 for my kids this year and with some great bargin online hunting i was able to get them 4 gifts each! for a total of $89! mind you my husband dosent beliave in buying toys other then for holidays or birthdays lol so i try and get them a good stash during yule lol

KBix
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:26 PM
We just buy! We have a budget for all of our bills and so we just buy a little at a time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
firenicecream
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:33 PM

I don't have a budget per se. As long as I have money left to live on all is good for me. =)

kyledavidsmom
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:37 PM

We have to budget or there would be no christmas. I had $400 to spend on our 4 kids. 4 neices, 1 nephew,1 great neice, toys for tots, all the rest of the family. And i adopted a family from cm and sent them some things. So i say i did good this year and still have $30 for stocking stuufers.

lenoxclan
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:52 PM

I budget and then if there is anything left over I may get some extra's for my kids.. I was able to get them all a extra toy this year:0) I buy for my 3 and 20 neices and nephews.. I also bought something small for a fellow cm member.

momof3angela
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:53 PM

Budget is a must.  I have to rob peter to pay paul if I go off on one gift....LOL

miller060905
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:54 PM

we make a budget for eachother and our nieces then whatever is left is for our kiddos!  we try to stick to a certain amount of items though

miller060905
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:56 PM

same with us - except all ours are payed off and closed now and we refuse to open any more because we know we will use them if we have them and that is trouble for us!

Quoting Elyssa414:

We have strict budget of "Whatever is left over after the bills"! lol We can't really go over, because if there's no more money, there's no more money. (we got into trouble with credit cards a few years back, and are still digging our way out, so we do NOT buy on credit any more EVER)

TruthSeeker.
by New Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:56 PM

We have a seperate account that is kind of like a seperate savings.  We use that one for Xmas shopping and usually have enough in it to make a big purchase for the house. This year it was 2 new couches we got the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  They extended their door-busters at Ashley furniture. Woo hoo.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)