Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Worse gift received?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:06 PM
  • 26 Replies

What was the worse of all gift you have gotten from someone else?

did you regift it?

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lenoxclan
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:19 PM

I've never gotten a bad on persay..But, 2 yrs in a row my mother got me the exact same birth stone knick knack and tried to pass it off as really exspensive...The first yr I let her think she fooled me..The second yr not only did I tell her she got me the same thing last yr, but I also told her she got ripped off because they sold the exact same thing at dollar general for a dollar...LOL

LivinDeadGurl
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:25 PM

a feather duster....the messed up thing is, I was 10

madwifa
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:27 PM

lol go mom...

Quoting lenoxclan:

I've never gotten a bad on persay..But, 2 yrs in a row my mother got me the exact same birth stone knick knack and tried to pass it off as really exspensive...The first yr I let her think she fooled me..The second yr not only did I tell her she got me the same thing last yr, but I also told her she got ripped off because they sold the exact same thing at dollar general for a dollar...LOL

madwifa
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:28 PM

that sucked lol

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

LivinDeadGurl
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:29 PM

You're telling me...lol.

Quoting madwifa:

that sucked lol

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

madwifa
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:30 PM

worse gift I have gotten wow there has been so many.

I would have to say a big fat nothing from my new dh at the time. I was so excited waiting till christmas to exchange gifts and NADA not a damn thing from him. that was not pretty. I should have read the signs and got out then. He never gifts.

usmclife58
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 11:22 AM

A kitten calendar. I kept it.

sweettigeress
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:45 PM

My mom bought me a fanny pack the year before. It's buried in the deepest darkest part of my closet. haha.

sweettigeress
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:45 PM

Someone was telling you to get busy cleaning. haha. 

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

You're telling me...lol.

Quoting madwifa:

that sucked lol

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

christmas_004.jpg Christmas Bobbles image by HarryandHisMione

Not.So.Virginal
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:47 PM

worst ever? I dunno... Last year my MIL gave me a puffer vest. great, i had mentioned I wanted one. But the one I mentioned to her was a black one with a hood that had fur trim. The one she got me was super puffy and white (no hood). I looked like a marshmallow.

Last year also, my mom got me a long, floor-length skirt. Nice, I had bought a few over the summer. But yeah, the one she got me had a super hideous design. She bought it from the farmer's market so no returning.

The skirt? still in my drawer. The vest got returned. The one I wanted wasnt in stock anymore, but that store had the same ones for sale this year so I grabbed it before I even thought about it, which was good, it's the only one in my size they had

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)