Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone have a more serious sch?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:06 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 385 Total Views
hi ladies, I'm new here and not at all intending to be offensive with my question, but I seem to encounter a lot of women who (thankfully!) have small sch's that resolve by 20 weeks and mostly just had to take it a little easy. My situation is a little different. I've had two er-worthy bleeding episodes as well as continued bleeding, albeit old blood, that lasts weeks after. The sch measures 5x1x3 (large) and is attached a little to the placenta, but not behind it. the sch is also labeled "moderately privia" which means that a little bit of it is resting on my cervix. I have no idea what the implications of that are. My dr. is aware that bedrest has been debunked but I'm basically restricted as though I were. I go in weekly and he has suggested progresterone shots, but I plan to turn them down. I'm 16 weeks Wed and the situation has yet to improve. on the bright side, the baby is perfectly healthy. But I really am hoping to hear from ladies who maybe have had or currently have their sch attached? that seems to really be the thing that differenciates my situation and I'd just like to compare notes. I'm already educated on the general issue of sch's, but I've yet to hear from someone going through this specifically.

For those of you who maybe just found out you have one and are freaked out by my story, please know that this severity of sch is not at all common and there is still hope that it will resolve by 20 weeks. The vast majority of people are just fine.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)