Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SCH Getting Larger

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:58 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 626 Total Views
Ok, this may be kind of long so bear with me. At 12w I had light bright red bleeding, went to the ER and everything checked out ok. They sent me home with "threatened miscarriage" information and told me to see my Primary Phys. My doctor scheduled a sonogram 3 days later. At 12w4d I had SEVERE lower abdominal pain and started gushing bright red blood. We headed back to the ER where I was diagnosed with a subchorionic hemorrhage and baby's heartrate was strong and everything looked ok. They sent me home on strict bedrest. I went the doctor the following day and he scheduled another sonogram that following Tuesday. The sonogram that Tuesday showed the hemorrhage had gotten slightly smaller (I'm guessing due to the bleeding episode) I went to the doctor that Thursday for a follow up and was having bad cramping again so another sonogram was ordered for that day. So..... since the first bleeding episode I have been spotting off and on at first brown then pink and now it's bright red again. Although, the spotting is minimal. Well, the doctor called this afternoon to tell me the hemorrhage has gotten slight bigger and caused a small detachment of the placenta. I've been on strict bedrest.. all I can think is how did THIS happen? My doc scheduled another u/s for this Thursday... I will be 14w4d and every week thereafter until the hemorrhage has healed itself. I am so freaked out and don't know what to think. Strict bedrest is just not probable. I have a 9month old and a husband who works. Has anyone had theirs get bigger before it healed? Or did it keep getting worse?
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
donnamama
by Member on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:06 PM

there is nothing that causes this. it just happens. i pray yours shrinks. can you call on some family members to come help you at home. you need to stay on bedrest! or if your husband can put some money towards childcare. the sch may disapear eventually. so this is hopefully only temp. if i was anywhere near you i would help you mama! but i'm not :'(  i bled for two months and my baby girl is here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)