Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introduce yourself!

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2010 at 5:09 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 174 Total Views

Please tell us a little about yourself. Here are some ideas to let us know about you!

1. Do you currently hoop/hula hoop/ hoop dance? (Wii Fit Does not count)

2. If yes to question #1, when did you start?

3. How did you hear about hoop dance?

4. Do you own your own hoop?

5. What are your current hobbies?

by on Dec. 16, 2010 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kayshalea
by on Dec. 16, 2010 at 6:40 PM
I just started hula hooping over the summer. When I first tried I could not get it to stay up. After watching someon on ellen I learned how to get it to stay up. Every since then I love it. I just got my own hoop last month but I've been doing it as much as like. I plan to join a hoop dance team in spring or summer.
Jen_Raynor
by Group Owner on Dec. 16, 2010 at 6:42 PM

My name is Jennifer. I am 29 years old and I live in Jamestown, NY. I am a mother of 2 boys, 8 and 5. I have been with my husband for 8 years this coming June and we've been married for 4 years this past August. I am currently employed at the Jamestown YMCA as the hoop dance instructor. I have been hooping since September 4th, 2010. I found out about hoop dance from a friend of mine. I currently own 5 hoops, and each of my boys have one of their own. I love photography, camping, spending time with my family and dancing.

shadowsgrl09
by on Dec. 17, 2010 at 8:54 PM

MY name is Tina.I am 21 and live in Jamestown, NY. I've been with my fiance for 3 years. I am currently watching a 3 year old and am ttcing.

1. I don't currently.

2. n/a

3. um i just learned about it.

4. No.

5. reading writing and learning new things.

Jen_Raynor
by Group Owner on Dec. 18, 2010 at 10:17 AM

Welcome to the group Tina! What is "ttcing"? Hope you learn some new things here. Hoop dance is a GREAT way to releave stress, express yourself, exercise and have fun. You should def try it some time. Where did you go to school? Where are you originaly from?

Quoting shadowsgrl09:

MY name is Tina.I am 21 and live in Jamestown, NY. I've been with my fiance for 3 years. I am currently watching a 3 year old and am ttcing.

1. I don't currently.

2. n/a

4. No.

shadowsgrl09
by on Dec. 18, 2010 at 2:59 PM

ttcing=trying to conceive. I went to Jamestown High School. I have lived in Jamestown my entire life except for a couple months here and there when I lived else where.

Quoting Jen_Raynor:

Welcome to the group Tina! What is "ttcing"? Hope you learn some new things here. Hoop dance is a GREAT way to releave stress, express yourself, exercise and have fun. You should def try it some time. Where did you go to school? Where are you originaly from?

Quoting shadowsgrl09:

1. I don't currently.

2. n/a

4. No.

Jen_Raynor
by Group Owner on Feb. 8, 2011 at 7:14 AM

I would like to welcome LongHornMomma to the group. We are up to 3 now ladies. If you know anyone else that might be interested in this forum, send em this way, the more the better!

LongHornMomma
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:10 PM

HELLOOOOOOO!!!! :)

I hoop every night for fitness right now. Also when I take my kids to soccer, I'm the freak mom out there hooping on the field. I can't do all the pretty free flowing stuff yet but I'm getting there.

Early last fall. So not too long ago.

Don't really remember for sure. Probably just stumbled onto it via the YouTube vortex I catch myself in at times.

I do. I also plan to make some too.

Photography, working on my 64 Beetle and getting tattoos haha.

Jen_Raynor
by Group Owner on Feb. 11, 2011 at 11:01 AM

Sounds like you and I have quite a bit in common! I started hooping in the fall and I too love photography. If you have any videos of you hooping, you should def put em on here!!

Quoting LongHornMomma:

HELLOOOOOOO!!!! :)

I hoop every night for fitness right now. Also when I take my kids to soccer, I'm the freak mom out there hooping on the field. I can't do all the pretty free flowing stuff yet but I'm getting there.

Early last fall. So not too long ago.

Don't really remember for sure. Probably just stumbled onto it via the YouTube vortex I catch myself in at times.

I do. I also plan to make some too.

Photography, working on my 64 Beetle and getting tattoos haha.

MyFamilyofSix
by on Mar. 11, 2011 at 11:39 AM

I have been practicing hoop dance for about six, well closer to seven months. I am not that great yet but practice makes improvement! :)

I started hooping around the time my youngest two children started kindergarten this school year.

I ran across some hoop dance videos on youtube and became interested. I won some competitions during my teenage years for length of time hula hooping so I knew I was good at that.

I currently own two hoops, my first practice hoop broke about a month ago. My practice hoop is from HoopMamas on etsy.com its called Rainbow Warrior and I recently received my new LED hoop from CosmicHooper.

I enjoy hooping, baking, and occasionally playing World of Warcraft.

Jen_Raynor
by Group Owner on Mar. 11, 2011 at 8:51 PM
Welcome to the group! If you have any videos of you hooping, be sure to add them as it is always to see where everyone is at in their hooping journey:)

Quoting MyFamilyofSix:

I have been practicing hoop dance for about six, well closer to seven months. I am not that great yet but practice makes improvement! :)

I started hooping around the time my youngest two children started kindergarten this school year.

I ran across some hoop dance videos on youtube and became interested. I won some competitions during my teenage years for length of time hula hooping so I knew I was good at that.

I currently own two hoops, my first practice hoop broke about a month ago. My practice hoop is from HoopMamas on etsy.com its called Rainbow Warrior and I recently received my new LED hoop from CosmicHooper.

I enjoy hooping, baking, and occasionally playing World of Warcraft.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)