Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

you have come to the right place

Posted by   + Show Post

To all of you using the board here,  feel free to  join in on the chat room  that is where the majority of us spend our time. NO holds barred we talk about absolutly everything from a-z  

Tara

by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 2:33 AM
Replies (11-17):
TabythaThurman
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:26 PM

I'm from Indiana, and I have one 4-month old little boy named Bruce. :) I'm super lonely though, and a single 23 year old mom.

Miayasmom33
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:35 AM

hey y'all I'm new to cafe mom and we just moved to bfe west Virginia looking to meet an  talk to mommas!

txdee1970
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:08 PM

hi not sure where to start. my ds will be 3 in march. he was a month early. so i was not overly concerned when he was not reaching the milestones in a timely manner. at 15 months i gave in and called eci (early childhood intervention). he started walking the day they came out to interview us. he has been seeing ocupational and developmental therapists since that time. 6 months ago he lost his ot for a st. he never would sit. just went from crawling to standing and eventually walking. we have been battling sensory issues since day 1. i have read the most common signs list and all but 1 or 2 apply to my ds. since he got his big boy bed he has refused to sleep in it unless i join him. even after he falls asleep and i get out when he wakes climbs in bed with us. he head buts everything, the poor dogs keep trying to get away from him. we have never really had a need to punish him. but lately it seems to be getting worse. he is ignoring all verbal cues. he will cling up on things he knows is off limits and yells get down. so he knows he is not supposed to be up where he is. he destroys most of his toys. tears pages out of his books. breaks pieces off his trucks, he has chewed up several of his toys. he still puts everything but food in his mouth. he was on failure to thrive for 2 yrs do to refusing to eat anything but babyfood or pureed. the therapists say he is not autistic because they have never seen him stem. he does not shake his hands or sit and rock for hours like they say he would if he were autistic. he is very smart. i got YBCR when he was born. he can sight read over 500 words and knows his way around his nabi and my phone. yet he does not really talk. he says a few words in a sentance and the rest is all garble.his ignoring us is frustrating us the most. diverting his attention just does not work anymore. he will pick up a bowl of anything and when told to put it back on the table he will look at you and dump the contents on the floor then throw the bowl then take off running. can anyone help????? i am 42 and dh is a stroke victim and is 45. nothing we try is working.

sk8rspixie24
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Hello everyone my name is cathryn aka cat I am a happily married 23 year old stay at home mother to the most wonderful 3 year old boy. I  love to chat and get to know other people and learn new stuff :) I am not exactly new i used to be on a diff screen name some of you on cafemom might remeber me as korygirl123. I am very happy to be a part of this group and cant wait to get to know everyone :) 

sfbabe13
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Is this a chat room?

mjgm1966
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I'm trying to join the conversation in the chat room, but it won't let me.  Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

mommyneedshelp0
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 1:04 PM

i need to talk to someone plz

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN