Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help..... Pregnant and have bronchitis.

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:13 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 218 Total Views
Hi there. I am new to this so I'm not sure if I'm even posting in the correct place.
I went to the er yesterday and found out I have bronchitis.
They gave me an antibiotic and a cough syrup with codeine. It is a category c drug.
I had a severe bladder infection about a month ago and they gave me hydrostatic for that pain
Because it was unbearable. I'm scared that something is going to be wrong because of the amount of medicine I have been taking that is not normally recommended editing pregnancy. I am 30 weeks and the doc said it should be fine since I'm "full term" which I did not think 30 weeks was. My cough is super painful and there has been a significant decrease in movement from my little guy. I'm also scared the lack of oxygen could be effecting him. Any suggestions, advice or comments? Thanks all moms! Any feed back is greatly appreciated at this point.
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
clarasmommy08
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Hey sorry, JUST saw this. For your cough... I would say Honey... helps to sooth the throat. Also theres some sort of thing you can do with your breathing that helps. now with the bladder infection, antibiotics work good, I have also heard that cranberry juice helps, and garlic acts as a natural antibiotic although antibiotics given by the doctor are stronger. You are not considered full term until 37-38 weeks. If your doctor is telling you that then you need a new doctor. 

JennaBea
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Well I can say been there done that.  I had the same thing with my first child.  Was no fun.  I was coughing so bad that it sent me into labor early.  Went to ER, kept there for hours.  Given some kind of medicine mist to inhale, and they made sure my contractions stopped.  Listen to your body... you'll know what it will take.  Cough drops on me at all times ease the cough and kept the phlegm down where I could breathe.  I am definitely not into all those meds.  I later then had a healthy 9lb.  10 1/2 oz. baby girl :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)