Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Havin fun with my chicks!

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:28 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 256 Total Views

You all are right about those chicks:) So much fun! It's going to be interesting when we get our 30 chicks. Yikes!

We got 6 golden comets right now. They're so cute

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kriswrite
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 11:26 AM

Wow 30! We are getting chicks this weekened, but only 4 or 5. My daughter can hardly wait!

mrs.wondergem
by on Apr. 15, 2011 at 6:54 AM

We have the 18 and they are so easy I have been contemplating some meat chicks as well.  Would love to put some meat up and since chicken at the store is where we spend the majority of our money maybe it would be a good idea.  Have to consider how I will butcher them though...hubby is far to squemish and I think that it may be far to much work on my own.  I do suggest for that many chicks that you try to find some alternatives for their water...mine is always filthy...but on ebay I found these nipple waterers for chickens that you screw into a bucket and hang.  Gonna try that once I get them into their coop.  Glad that you are having such a great time with your chicks....I love mine and all of thier little personalities......so funny to sit and watch.  They are great.  Good luck with the rest of your flock too.....would love to see pics.

Roisin07
by Cynthia on Apr. 15, 2011 at 8:01 AM

I was just going to ask you guys about waterers. They are constantly pooping in it or kicking bedding in it lol. I'll have to check those out. Thanks.

Half of our chickens will be meat chickens. Me and DH will butcher ourselves.

mrs.wondergem
by on Apr. 18, 2011 at 8:21 AM

I would love to be able to process them on my own but DH grew up such a city guy there is no way he will help me.  Gonna ask my brother....he may be able to do it.  And if I raised a few for him I may be abel to make it worth his while.  I will have to see....but serious contemplation is happening here.  So gald that you love them.  Mine are still a kick......what kind are you using for butchering???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)