Okay we all know about canning and dehydrating foods, but what about those lil things we tend to forget about that make life a tad easier and comfy?? Let's think of 5 things that will be considered "luxury" in an emergency situation!
1. Kool-aid packets/powdered drink mixes for the kids-I know you would need sugar to mix with kool-aid packets, but if you grow a Stevia plant then you wouldn't need to store sugar for that purpose.
2. Hard candies-why not store some for a rainy day. I know you can make you own candies, but until you got the hang of it..it might be easier to store a few dollar store bags. Don't forget some gum too!!
3. Spices-I know we all grow some of our own and can put back for it any old time. Make sure you get salt (not only for seasoning but for medical purposes), pepper, garlic...many spices you don't grow on your own! Don't forget some oils too..esp olive oil (can use in homemade lamps).
4. Condiments-things that don't require refridgeration!! Some hot sauce, sesame oil, liquid smoke, etc. Also storing bullion cubes for seasoning...not liquid cause it will take up tons of space!
5. Tuna-in oil keeps the longest. Plus, it gives you the extra oil to use.
Most of this you can get from the Dollar Stores!
Your turn!!! =) Let's see how many different, and wonderful, food stuff ideas we can get.
Let's remember this is stuff that would be considered luxury in emergency situation. We all know to stock water and the need to purify it. We know the importance of growing our own food. But what about those "lil" things that we would miss if everything we know was to end tomorrow. This is a fun game to see how many "other" things we can get and share ideas on maybe what to put back!