• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just a little update..

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:05 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 185 Total Views

ok the good news first.... Stephen Cole II was born wednesday at 9:51, 7lbs 13 ozs, 21 inches long. he was born in the hospital the birth story is in my journal if you want to read it.

the some what good news is hubby's leg is pretty much healed. the crappy part about this is the doctor said that the pain that he is in now pretty much he will have for the rest of his life. 

crappy news- hubby lost his job monday due to his leg. but he has filed for unemployment and was given about half of the income he use to make. so we have some major cutting of bills to do. he also only gets unemployment for about 6 months give or take. 

hubby is looking for a new job outside of law enforcement seeing how he will not be able to work it anymore. and if anything else i have a friend at a place i use to work keeping a eye out for openings there for me. they just filled the last two spots in the department i want so it maybe a while. if anything else and it comes to crunch time i can see if they have a opening in another department. but hubby hopes to find something because he likes for me to be home. i can't say much i love being home too.

Earth Medicine- for all thoses that use herbal and natural cures and healthy eating habits. Earth Spirits- for those that have a Earthly spiritual base. Old Fashioned Moms- for those who have old fashioned/natural views. Crunchy Pets- for people that choose natural treatments and cures for their pets.

My Store Purple Mist Crafts

by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Roisin07
by Cynthia on May. 21, 2011 at 7:28 PM

Yay!!!! Congratulations and welcome baby Stephen:) I'm so happy for you. So sorry about hubbys job. and leg. Hope he heals well and finds new employment. Can't wait to read your birth story. Bet you feel soooo much better!

30aisling
by on May. 22, 2011 at 8:01 AM

If I remember right this is your first boy among many sisters, correct?  Congratulations on a safe birth!  Will be praying for hubby's job situation that he finds something quickly which will enable you to continue to be home.

Brighteagle
by on May. 22, 2011 at 8:54 AM

its a boyCongrats!  I'm glad u had a safe delivery!  Sorry to hear of the hubby's job loss.  Be looking for the open door, as when one closes another opens.  Sometimes it is not the one we hope for, tho.  Best Wishes with all.

oldfashionSAHM
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2011 at 2:16 PM

yes we have 5 girls and he is the first boy.

honestly when the wreck happened i didn't have hard feelings towards anymore. but now i'm kind of ill about it. they did a shift change on daylight savings weekend. which put hubby not only moving from days to nights, but also put him having to work a extra hour. then he comes home and sleeps for about 2 hours and someone from work called him which resulted in him not getting any sleep at all. and now they are doing him like this. i'm starting to get hard feelings. 

Healingroze
by on May. 23, 2011 at 10:43 AM

I'm so happy about the birth of your son and am glad that you are both doing well.  I too am sorry about your husbands treatment at his work, but looking at it another way - that job wasn't for him and he's now free to find what he really wants to do, if he's willing to look that deep.  :)

Blessed Be,  Mary

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)