Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

making plans to save money.

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:45 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 137 Total Views

talked to hubby the other day with me not working anymore money is going to get tight again. so there is a few things we are going to have to get get strick on again.

since i do know how to make homemade laundry detergent we are going to try it again. one of the walmarts near by has started selling fels-naptha soap and washing soda. so we are going to try that instead of using ivory. if that don't work then we are going to try making the liquid. i really hope the powder works because i don't have the room for a big bucket anywhere in the house. 

we are also going to be hanging out laundry again. but more so because our central is gone so we are getting a window unit to put in. so we are going to do what we can to keep things cooler in here. 

i'm going to try and get back on making biscuits and bread again. and freeze that so it so i can try and make a bunch at once. i still want to try my hand at making noodles, just have yet to get around to that. 

i want to have a no cook meals for lunches this summer. i have gotten where i actually like lettuce and tomatoe sandwiches. my 2 yr old seems to love them too since she eats half of them everytime i make them. 

we are not going to have a garden because we have not got around to getting the tractor fixed. i am going to go to the farmers makret this year. i know where one is the county over. so hope to get some good foods there. if i can get some good recipes then i will have a better idea of what to get. it will even help make plans for a garden when we can get the tractor fixed.

right now these are my plans. it's been a little while since i have been home and been able to make plans and make stuff so we could save some money so it will be a bit for me to get back into the habit. 

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
JenaSmith
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 1:34 AM
We rented a tiller from a rent all in my town maybe you can find something like that. or just have some tomatoes in buckets.
i am going to try canning what i can out our garden.
i never made homemade bread but always wanted to as much we eat lol.
sounds like a good plan though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momoffive07
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 10:02 AM

making a plan and sticking to it will be a great first step. You could prolly do things to check other areas of your life to see if you can save money.  

If you have a buget that will help u out also.  Good Luck !!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)