Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Blogs/Books/Other Resources You Find Helpful

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:14 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 136 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I think I've scoured just about every book on homesteading...I've found a few that are like my holy books now, but I was wondering if anyone has read anything that has been particularly helpful?  Here is the list of books that I've read that have helped me the most:

Organized Simplicity by Tsh Oxenreider-This book has become my life's purporse haha. She has so many great ideas, plus her binder method of keeping track of your life has made an amazing difference in how I organize and manage my household.

Homesteading in the 21st Century by George Nash and Jane Waterman-This was the first homesteading book I read. I was scared going into this journey, but these two helped me get over that tremendously. They pack so much information into this book, and not one bit of ink is wasted. I love it!

The Naturally Clean Home by Karyn Stiegel Maier-I've used a bunch of the home made cleaning supply recipes in this book and they all work better than anything I've bought at the store.

There are a few more, but I want to hear from you. And, I apologize if this has been covered already. I just joined, and I'm at work, so it's not easy for me to browse through all the posts.

by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Roisin07
by Cynthia on Jul. 31, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Nice! I will check into these. We've been adding to our collection of homesteading books. Always can use more!

whitewinterose
by Head Admin on Aug. 12, 2012 at 10:50 AM

I'll have to look into these more. We're looking at what we need to do and get and such for when we move. :)

pagancuriosity
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Actually, I just found another great one called "The Householder's Guide to the Universe." A lot of great ideas and advice in this book.

oldfashionSAHM
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 5:50 PM

there is a site that i was invited to that i like pretty much. it's called aliveafter.com. they talk alot about survival and stuff. if something was to ever happen and we lost everything we have now. about how to make it. I've been on it more the cafemom lately because it's a site for people of like mind and not much in the way of people joining just to start drama or anything like there is here. which the few groups i have left have not had any of that.

anyways if you want check it out. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN