Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

old stains

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:18 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 183 Total Views

What are some tried and true ways to get stains out of carpets such as pet stains? I know vinegar is good to use. Whats the proper way to do it that works best?

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Gypsy60
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Not sure,so I'll be checking back to see myself.#loving carpet free floors#
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whitewinterose
by Head Admin on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Sadly the only thing I have found to work has been the big commercial cleaners! :/ I have a recipe using baking soda and a couple other things to try. I have heard vinegar can be used, but not sure of mixing with ammonia .... Which is what makes me hesitant to try! I accidentally cleaned a cat box with a bleach type cleaner and that was not good!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
oldfashionSAHM
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:06 AM

rip it out and burn the crap..

I hate carpet. specially after we ripped ours out and found out how truly nasty they are. we have the laminate flooring now. when we get the money we are going to start in the little room and put in bamboo flooring and seal it. cost more but suppose to last longer plus it's real bamboo and not this crap laminate is.

Roisin07
by Cynthia on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:20 AM

Yeah...i'd rather have all wood floors. my living room is the only room that has carpet, but eventually I want to get wood floors laid in here. Kids and pets are bad for carpet! 

whitewinterose
by Head Admin on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:31 AM
I agree! My only thing with the carpet wears waiting for the baby to be done crawling, which she has been for about 8 months now. I felt wood would hurt worse to get splinters. We have old wood and parkay floors here. Now I just have to make myself do it. I sweep carpets, so it would make it easier.

Quoting Roisin07:

Yeah...i'd rather have all wood floors. my living room is the only room that has carpet, but eventually I want to get wood floors laid in here. Kids and pets are bad for carpet! 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)