Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

another bread ?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:22 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 170 Total Views

Dh got me a bread pan sized like store bought loaves. So my question is should I make my regular recipe that makes 2 loaves and use it as one in that pan? also this has a lid on it? I'm guess it makes it so that the coloring is uniform maybe? Anyone know what the purpose of the lid is?

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gypsy60
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:43 AM
cant help you,but will be checking back to see.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whitewinterose
by Head Admin on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:42 PM
I can't help either.... But will be checking back to learn! I could always use bigger loaves.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EireLass
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:23 PM

The typical recipe that fills 2 pans would fill 1 of these. I don't know about the cover, unless it's to create a uniform color and more softer crust.

If you want to make a softer crust, put a bowl of water in the oven with the bread.

oldfashionSAHM
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:24 PM

never heard of one no clue

tiredmomfor2
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:05 PM
I have seen those pans and was even pricing them on amazon. But have no idea how much they hold or what the lids are for.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Roisin07
by Cynthia on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:24 AM

Well I made a loaf yesterday. I made the recipe that makes 2 standard loaves. I'm going to highly suggest this pan because it made a great loaf of bread and it looks professional. The lid did make an even colored and thin/soft crust.

Roisin07
by Cynthia on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:24 AM
1 mom liked this

So you know what I'm talking about better! Found this while trying to figure out my pan!!

13 Inch Pain de Mie Pullman Bread Pan With Lid

This is a standard 13-inch Pain de Mie (Pullman) bread pan with lid. Pain de mie means "bread of interior" and refers to a soft crusted, sandwich bread.

The lid slides on and can be removed if you prefer to make a bread with a rounded top brown crust.

Steel and aluminum material makes for the best combination of heat conductivity, strength and durability.

Creates a beautiful loaf of bread that has perfectly square corners and thin crusts.

Makes soft sandwich breads.

The lid also prevents the tops of black breads, such as rye and other gluten free breads, from burning due to the longer baking process.

Measures 13 inches x 4 inches x 4.5 inches; 33 cm x 10 cm x 11 cm (Length x Width x Height).

Makes a standard 2 lb or 900g loaf.

EireLass
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Thanks for the info....I think I'll be looking into one of those!

whitewinterose
by Head Admin on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Definitely going to look that one up!

beckolette
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:01 PM

I was going to say it wasn't a bread pan but a poaching pan for fish. New one to me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)