Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

House Plans!

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:39 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 129 Total Views
We are obviously very far off from being ready to build at the property. However we think we have found the perfect plans! Yay!

It is a little bigger than I was hoping for, but it will do. Haha

http://www.sheldondesigns.com/cabins/LakefrontCC1094b.htm

We will be making a few changes. The upstairs bath will be a storage room/closet. The laundry will be a stacker set in the downstairs bath. The pantry will be in the 'down to basement' ares near the kitchen. There will also be a mud room out the door near the kitchen on the porch.

What do you think?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Roisin07
by Cynthia on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Very nice! Bet you can't wait. This is the look we were going for originally when we thought about building. I want my cabin so bad it hurts!

tiredmomfor2
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:48 AM
I am excited but yet not at the same time. The last couple months have been so stressful with all of this thrown in. I am trying to be excited but reserved at the same time. Haha
We went hiking out there yesterday and there is even more flat areas than we originally thought. We were trying to decide which area would be best to clear off and level..plus a place for DH's garage. And of course an area for the garden. The rest however...I just want to clear paths for hiking/jogging. Oh and the berry bushes are everywhere!
See there I go getting excited again. Lol ;)

Quoting Roisin07:

Very nice! Bet you can't wait. This is the look we were going for originally when we thought about building. I want my cabin so bad it hurts!

Roisin07
by Cynthia on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:17 AM

How's things going on your new property? Have you guys started anything yet?

tiredmomfor2
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:22 AM
No :( it is not going to happen. We went out and got a better look at the land, and while it is a good piece of land, we had some come up with it. It has a lot of rock and that combined with the hillside could make for some big issues when we go to build. We are also concerned that the driveway would be too steep for tow trucks and delivery trucks.
Then we had a small snafu with our money. We could still get the property but wouldn't be able to do the rest of what we needed to with the money.
So we took it as a sign that this may not be the right land for us. We are going to sit tight for now and wait for something different.
I started to get upset and then I reminded myself that if this was meant to be our land then it would have went as planned. So the right land is out there waiting for us.

Quoting Roisin07:

whitewinterose
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Oh no!!! I'm so sorry!!!!

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

No :( it is not going to happen. We went out and got a better look at the land, and while it is a good piece of land, we had some come up with it. It has a lot of rock and that combined with the hillside could make for some big issues when we go to build. We are also concerned that the driveway would be too steep for tow trucks and delivery trucks.

Then we had a small snafu with our money. We could still get the property but wouldn't be able to do the rest of what we needed to with the money.

So we took it as a sign that this may not be the right land for us. We are going to sit tight for now and wait for something different.

I started to get upset and then I reminded myself that if this was meant to be our land then it would have went as planned. So the right land is out there waiting for us.

Quoting Roisin07:

tiredmomfor2
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Thanks. :) It's ok. If it was meant to be ours then things would have lined up.

Quoting whitewinterose:

Oh no!!! I'm so sorry!!!!

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

Quoting Roisin07:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)