Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Needing support

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:17 AM
  • 16 Replies
  • 251 Total Views
So as I announced last week that I'm pregnant again, I'm really worried that i'm not anymore or something is wrong. Friday night I began spotting brown blood. Not concerned really about that, but when I went to work Saturday it began getting heavier and turned red. Now panicking!It's like i'm having a moderate period. I went through Hell trying to get a hold of my doctors on call. For some reason nobody could connect me to the right people. Still confused on that. I'm calling the doctor that ended up delivering me last time and hope they can get me in even though I'll be a new patient. Last time I had bleeding in pregnancy I had my first son at 29 weeks due to placental abruption. So this has me extra anxious I guess even though its very early in pregnancy. Just needed to vent here. Thanks for listening
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Liz132
by Head Admin on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:00 AM

I'm sorry, I hope you and baby are okay. Do you have another pregnancy test? If you have one you could take it to see if you're having an early miscarriage your hormone levels probably would have dropped.

Roisin07
by Cynthia on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:01 AM

I took another test saturday night. It showed positve immediately. IDk, I'm really hoping this is just some weird random bleeding.

Roisin07
by Cynthia on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Seeing doctor at  1 today. Hoping for at least decent news. I'm so nervous

whitewinterose
by Head Admin on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:16 AM

I will be thinking of you. I had bleeding in every one of my pregnancies. :( It's super scary, but could be very harmless as well! Keep us updated!! 

pagancuriosity
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Have them check you for placenta previa or see if you have polyps in you cervix. I had both with my son
Liz132
by Head Admin on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Quoting Roisin07:

Seeing doctor at  1 today. Hoping for at least decent news. I'm so nervous

I'm glad they got you in. I'm thinking about you, give us an update when you get the chance.

Roisin07
by Cynthia on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:12 AM

Doesn't look good at all. Doctor examined me said there was lots of blood and looks to be a possible threatened miscariage. Pregnancy test was still positive. Did blood work and US. The US didn't show a sac. She said it could be because its too early to see one? IDK, I think they should be able to see something, but idk. I'm lost and confused and have no idea what any of this mean except for what it looks like, just trying to hold some slight hope. Guess i'll no more in the next couple days when I get results back. 

Roisin07
by Cynthia on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:58 AM

So here's my question for anyone knowlegable or been through this before...Since it's possible that i'm too early to see anything, then wouldn't my Pregnancy tests be negative? And if it is a miscarriage wouldn't they still be able to see where it was on the US?

Liz132
by Head Admin on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:00 AM

How far along do you think that you are? I don't think you can see anything on an ultrasound until 5weeks+, if it's an abdominal ultrasound it would be later than that.

Roisin07
by Cynthia on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:01 AM

I'm either 5 or 6 weeks I suppose. Not sure of my last menstral date. Either the first or second weekend of may.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)