Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Impatient for berries

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:45 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 104 Total Views

I know I got another year or two before I get a good amount of berries on my bushes, but it's frustrating to wait! I've been able to get about 5-10 berries at a time off my red raspberries. My strawberries are about non-existant. Black berries are beginning to ripen, but not yet. I have yet to see a blueberry and my plants are still small:( I think I need to get more plants planted too. Just hope next year I can actually get something worth while out of them.

http://www.gofundme.com/3dm5xg
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Liz132
by Head Admin on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:16 AM

That's about where I'm at with my berries. This year we did get a good amount of strawberries but we still had to pick more to make jam. I planted blueberries a few years ago but the plants are still small so we only get a few handfuls of berries off them. I planted blackberries this spring so I don't expect to have any until next year. And next year I want to put in a raspberry patch. So I'm going to have to wait a few years before I get some good berry yields as well.  

baconbits
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:33 AM

We got a lot of strawberries this year. Not as many as I would have liked but still enough to freeze for the winter. We've been picking wild berries from our neighbors farm and it's great. Love the free berries.

We should get 2 peaches off our peach tree. They say that's all we'll get the first year they bear fruit but the next year should be great. Our old apple trees actually have apples on them this year. We planted 3 more apple trees but it will be several years before we get anything off of them.

whitewinterose
by Head Admin on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:33 PM
I have lucked out with a ton of black raspberries, but these are old bushes, and well established. Though I know when I plant my strawberries and blueberries, i will have to wait. Just like my fruit trees now!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)