Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holy Panic Batman!!!

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:54 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 135 Total Views
Yes, thats what I just felt..Oh my goodness. My Hubby and older kids left to get more wood this morning. Kids were in the middle of feeding animals so I said go ahead and i'll finish feeding. My dd assumed the pigs were done. My other DD was doing them. So obviously I didn't feed them. They came back home with a load of wood and left to get another. Literally minutes after they left I see a pig outside the pen...I'm in big panic mode. I try to call DH since he just left. Not answering. 20 times of calling later and still not answering. So I start thinking I may have to shoot her because I didn't know how to get her myself. So I called my BIL who lives across street. Thankfully he came up. We got one of our cattle panels that we use to trap and walk the pigs when needed. It worked beautifully. We trapped her at the hole she escaped through and she went back in herself. So I put the panel over the hole and blocked it with several cement blocks till DH comes home and can fix it. Not something I was expecting this morning lol
http://www.gofundme.com/3dm5xg
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
baconbits
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:14 PM

It's really easy to make a herding board. Just get a sheet of plywood about 2 x 3 and have your husband round the edges off. Then have him cut to handles in the wood. Once you get the hang of using one you can move a whole herd of pigs by yourself. Basically you use it to block their eye's and they'll turn. Pigs don't like not being able to see where they are going.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)