Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much would you pay for homemade pierogies?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:10 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 201 Total Views

A dozen made or frozen? I think I could make a killing on pierogies...Think that will be my next endeavor!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
tiredmomfor2
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:19 PM
I have honestly never had them homemade. Only had them frozen from the store. How sad is that.
I love them though..bet the homemade ones are amazing!
Roisin07
by Cynthia on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

You're missing out..I'll have to send you some lol

Quoting tiredmomfor2: I have honestly never had them homemade. Only had them frozen from the store. How sad is that.
I love them though..bet the homemade ones are amazing!

CafeMom Tickers
Liz132
by Head Admin on Feb. 15, 2014 at 11:33 AM

I don't really like them but I've never had them homemade I'm sure yours are better than what I can get in the store.

BabyBearsMom608
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:20 PM
I've never had them. What r they ?
Roisin07
by Cynthia on Feb. 18, 2014 at 6:06 AM

Oh wow! I forget they are more of a Pittsburgh thing! They are potato filled dough. You boil them. You can also fry them. Use butter, onion, sourkrauat as toppings, sour cream to serve.

Yummy lol

Quoting BabyBearsMom608: I've never had them. What r they ?

CafeMom Tickers
snowangel1979
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 7:17 AM
IDK around $5-$6. Hopefully I didn't go to low.

I love homemade pierogies, unfortunately I haven't made them in years because I end up making 10 dozen of them at a time. LOL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whitewinterose
by Head Admin on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:22 PM

I like pierogies, but never have had them homemade. I think I pay about $8 for a frozen small pack.

Roisin07
by Cynthia on Feb. 21, 2014 at 9:37 AM

I think I'm going to post a sign at work that I'm selling them frozen/ready to boil/fry for 6.50/dozen. I think that this product will provide me with ongoing production/selling. Selling cookies did not take off like I wanted it too. I never sold enough to make it worth my while financially that I ended up selling them for too much to make up for it so Im sure that didn't help with people wanting to buy them. I've thought about occasion cakes too. Not sure. My hope is that when people begin to buy this product and it takes off that I'll be able to add other items to sell and people will be more apt to buy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)