Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shopping spree

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 8:52 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 107 Total Views

So I never spend money..Never..I have so much guilt right now. I probably shouldn't, but can't help it! Went to the mall last night. Never go to the mall lol. I got my SD a couple new pairs of jeans since she grew out of all of the ones she had. Got her, my dd and myself a pair of sneakers. Got some bath and body works lotion then I went to walmart and got myself some pants and shirts I can fit into now since my waistline is about non-existent now lol. I got me and dh a new bed spread, new pillows, bath towels, the baby new shoes, 2 sleeping bags for girls camp this weekend, etc etc...Ugh I spent a lot of money and I hate it. Oh well! Too late now lol

CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
tiredmomfor2
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:08 AM
I have serious guilt over that stuff as well..however it sounds like it was all stuff you needed.
Enjoy your little shopping spree.
I have been beating myself up lately because I have been slowly acquiring new(to me) clothes. Non of my old stuff fit (because I lost weight)..I look for stuff on clearance and brands I like on eBay..and of course good ole goodwill. :)
However..I do see a big trip coming up. All three of my kids have outgrown their clothes from the last couple years. *sigh*
baconbits
by Beckie on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Unfortunately I'm always out shopping it seems like. The kids are growing like weeds. Especially the youngest! She's only 5 but so tall that she's fitting into size 7's and some 8's. Looks like she's going to by pass the 8 year old here shortly on height!

I keep a list on me at all times of things I need/want so if I'm out and see something on clearance/sale I know if it's something that is kinda planned for. Don't beat yourself up over spending the money. Sometimes we wait to long to actually get stuff so we go out and get it all at once. That's why I try to buy as I go along and look for great deals.

SissyMacK
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 11:33 AM
I thrift like crazy, but some things are just best purchased new. It doesn't sound like you bought anything outlandish.
jakana2369
by Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 1:21 AM
Once and awhile if fine. If you needed it. Enjoy your new stuff.
whitewinterose
by Head Admin on Mar. 30, 2014 at 2:59 PM

It sounds like it was a good therapy session for you. But I always do the same thing and get buyers remorse. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)