Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teepee

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:15 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 212 Total Views

DH made a teepee from some branches we've been saving for it. He just bought a camo tarp to wrap around. Looks really neat. My older girls camped out in it saturday night. I'd really love a functioning teepee though. I've seen some that you could live in! But, I like those simple true ones that you see at reinactment gatherings where you have a fire pit in the center of it. That's what I want

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
whitewinterose
by Head Admin on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Those traditional ones are awesome. I would love to have a real teepee. But then again, a real one is just like your DH made. haha. So I like them all. But I think that would be neat to have. I plan on teaching the kids how to make one like that though, so that when we go out camping we only bring the tarp, and they find the sticks. Save on stuff to carry. 

baconbits
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:45 PM

You need to talk to my dh's uncle. He actually built and lived in one for a couple of years and it gets COLD up here in the winter. He finally bought a camper and sold the teepee to one of the campgrounds. He doesn't live like this for lack of money. Tractor breaks in the field he leaves it where it broke down and goes and pays cash for a new one!

Liz132
by Head Admin on Jun. 6, 2014 at 7:22 AM
Sounds like fun! You should post some pics of it!
Liz132
by Head Admin on Jun. 6, 2014 at 7:26 AM
I was going to try making a bean teepee using branches and growing runner beans up them so the kids could play in it by the garden but I didn't end up getting it done :( I know they would love it if we made a real one they could camp in.
whitewinterose
by Head Admin on Jun. 6, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Oh I've seen those. I love those! I wanted to make one too. 

Quoting Liz132: I was going to try making a bean teepee using branches and growing runner beans up them so the kids could play in it by the garden but I didn't end up getting it done :( I know they would love it if we made a real one they could camp in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)