Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm exhausted lol

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:25 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 147 Total Views

It's a good thing I don't consider myself "normal" lol. Past couple days I've prepared 6 rabbits. My first time doing the whole process with small game from start to finish:) So I'm pretty happy! The only major thing left to do for camp now is, in the next 2 days we have to build our "Viking longhouses" out of our pallets and slabwood. We got a great deal from an Amish farmer on a truck load of wood. Still need to make several loaves of bread too before saturday. I will be glad when we get there and set up so we can "relax". Though, it still won't be relaxing in most people's opinions!

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Analugojana
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:12 AM

Tell us more about those Viking longhouses. Never heard about people building them. What do you use them for? Will you be camping in them as opposed to a tent? How long are you camping for? That sounds like a long time judgling by the 8 rabits and many loaves of bread. We've never camped more than a week. I can't wait for us to quit the day jobs and be able to have our own time back.

Pictures after you're done with the Viking houses! I'm curious.

Roisin07
by Cynthia on Jul. 24, 2014 at 9:55 AM

Yeah, we'll be using those in place of tents. Although we could do Period tents, but Vikings lived in longhouses. Its basically a long box made of wood lol. We are using pallets (as we've come to find you can build most anything with pallets). The floor, and walls will be pallets as the base. we are adding slab wood to the sides of it. We are using OSB board for the floor and roof and then added more slabwood over the roof. The slab wood gives that natural look with the bark and all. It's a 2 week event. We are trying to stay as period as possile. I have a whole menu planned out with most of what the vikings ate, our clothes, etc.

I'll definately be taking tons of pictures and get them posted asap when we get back!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)