Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

More of the changes we want to make

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:21 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 118 Total Views

Again, we have had great ideas that we never follow through with. We are a pretty crafty family. In fact, DH is pure genius when it comes to his talent with art/crafting. We began some years back doing work such as wood carvings. He would do the carving and I would paint them and we would sell them on ebay or at work. But we never really continued or put much more effort into it. I believe if we really worked for it we can make a good living off of things we make. Even using our animals that we butcher for example. I prepared the rabbits feet that I did for camp. They came out great. A crafter we met at camp said we can easily get $5 a  piece for a rabbit foot. Just simple things like that we can sell. We already set up an esty account, we just never used it. We can sell so many things. It's just a matter of doing it. I told DH we need to get a small inventory of basic things we do made and get it posted. The more larger intricate things we can do once established. I think he sometimes thinks too big too fast. then get discouraged if he doesn't see a positive outcome right away. IDK, but I believe in his/our talent to pull something off. I've also been thinking about how to be able to sell baked products and be worth my time and money. My thinking with that is going towards selling tubs of cookie dough. Thought of that when someone was doing a fundraiser selling cookie dough. Can even do pre-made pie dough or something. Or like cake/brownie/cookie mix in a jar. Seems to be some good ideas, but need to get them started somehow! Time will tell lol

CafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Liz132
by Head Admin on Aug. 18, 2014 at 11:17 AM

I think selling the rabbits feet is a great idea but I think it's something that more kids would want to buy than adults so I don't think they would sell that well on etsy. Are there any farmers markets around? That would probably be a good place to try selling your homemade goods . You could try doing a roadside stand.  One year I sold homemade wreaths for Christmas and actually a lot of people bought them even though I didn't advertise. That might be something you could try selling.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)