Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it January or November?

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:16 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 137 Total Views

Temps here have seemed more like the middle of January/February than Early November. And it doesn't look like it will get any better anytime soon. The next few days won't be so bad, but it's right back to freezing again the rest of the week.

Are you all prepared for the cold. Enough wood/fuel etc? What do you do to winterize your home?

by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
jody230
by Member on Nov. 10, 2014 at 8:40 AM

I pulled the last crops out of my garden friday night. I had a few peppers, eggplanst and 1 cuke next to the house that earlier frosts hadn't gotten, however thursdays did. I was hoping they would last a little longer. I had 10 peppers the size of golfballs, a few small eggplants, and 2 cukes. Everything could have used another week for growing, but since it's November, I guess I can't be too picky.

We have 5 cords of wood which should get us through most of the winter. We wanted to get another wood shed built, but unless we get a warm weekend, it doesn't look like that will happen this year.

Liz132
by Head Admin on Nov. 10, 2014 at 10:07 AM
The weather has been pretty normal for us here. We have winter preparations almost done. We got all our wood done this summer 20 face cord so I'm pleased about that. We have the pipes insulated and heat tape around the well house, we put a new door on the back room so it should stay warmer, we've got the insulation almost finished in the new room we added to the house. We've been building it slowly when we have the extra money for supplies, having the insulation in should defiantly help keep the house warmer. I've got two mini hoop houses put on the garden beds so we should be able ti keep harvesting for another month or two and be able to start seedlings earlier this spring. We've been putting clear plastic sheeting around the porch to keep the snow off. Things are defiantly coming along.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)