Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holiday dinner mishaps?

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2014 at 7:30 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 126 Total Views

Does anyone have any holiday dinner mishaps of present or past? Share some funny/embarrasing in the kitchen moments!!

by on Dec. 26, 2014 at 7:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Roisin07
by Cynthia on Dec. 30, 2014 at 7:59 AM

I only had one minor mishap that was kind of funny at the moment! I had dinner all done and ready. My SIL got here and I was getting things ready so we could eat. The only thing left cooking was the potatoes. I stabbed a potato and it seemed to be soft enough so I went to dump the potatoes in my mixing bowl and realized that they weren't done all the way. But I figured it would still be ok once I start mixing. Well they were so hard that when I turned on the mixer I had chunks of potatoes flying out and everywhere lol. It was comical as I was trying to catch flying potatoes!! I was able to mash them down enough, but it was more chunky than mashed! I like it that way though so I didn't care.

Kaylon
by on Dec. 30, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Oh no!!..lol  Glad to turned out okay ;-)

Quoting Roisin07:

I only had one minor mishap that was kind of funny at the moment! I had dinner all done and ready. My SIL got here and I was getting things ready so we could eat. The only thing left cooking was the potatoes. I stabbed a potato and it seemed to be soft enough so I went to dump the potatoes in my mixing bowl and realized that they weren't done all the way. But I figured it would still be ok once I start mixing. Well they were so hard that when I turned on the mixer I had chunks of potatoes flying out and everywhere lol. It was comical as I was trying to catch flying potatoes!! I was able to mash them down enough, but it was more chunky than mashed! I like it that way though so I didn't care.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)