Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you say bees? Again?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 4:45 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 162 Total Views

Well we're now in possesion of who knows how many more bees. These are ones that were in a tree that we were going to get this summer. Ended up the winds blew the tree over and they needed the log moved. We got lucky that the area they were in wasn't busted so they just loaded a 6 foot section into my dh's truck with a piece of mesh nailed over the opening. So far so good. You can still hear them buzzing around in there. It's got a stack of hay on the end sticking up just to make sure it stays warm.  We're going to have someone who really knows what they're doing come out and help dh transfer them to a regular hive this spring before they get super active.

I have great hopes for this one! If it works I do NOT want more bees but you never know with dh. Two hives is enough.

by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Roisin07
by Cynthia on Feb. 5, 2015 at 6:11 PM

Wow thats an experience!! Hope all goes well with them and you can transfer successfully.

whitewinterose
by Head Admin on Feb. 15, 2015 at 6:35 PM

That is great. I hope they transfer well. I've been wanting to get a hive. 

baconbits
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2015 at 9:17 AM

I was curious the other day and put my ear up to the log. Yep you can still hear those bees buzzing around inside. Another month or so to transfer...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)