Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Community

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:22 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 76 Total Views

When we moved here the idea was that we'd homestead with my in laws who lived across the street. With our land combined and sharing cost we'd have a nice set up, but they kind of bailed on the idea from the beginning. My bil is disabled, and his wife is less than enthusiastic so I guess I should of known better! I wish we could find a likeminded family to move on property with us and work the homestead together. How in the world do you find that!?

by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
oldfashionSAHM
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:53 AM

There was an ad somewhere once of a guy trying to get people to move to his land and help get a community homestead going. I thought it was great but he didn't want kids there only adults. That's when it started to seem a little off. I don't know how things turned out i never heard anything else after that. 

I would love to have a community around here. but I would be worried about the people that would want to live there. Maybe I watch and read to many true crime stories because I would always be worried about my kids safety with people i don't know coming in and out of the community. but that would be something you would keep for it to grow.

whitewinterose
by Head Admin on Jan. 22, 2017 at 2:33 PM

I'd love to be able to find like minded people to get together with. It would be nice to work with someone directly and so forth. I was helping who I thought was a friend on her farm for the last year. I learned how to process chicken and so forth. So it was worth while. 

I remember your idea of a community with your inlaws. It sounded like it would have been great if you could have been able to get them involved more with it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)