Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oil pulling

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:34 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 103 Total Views

Anyone do this? I'm about to start. I've lost so much calcium with being pregnant so much my teeth have weakened greatly. I may start this as I'm pregnant now and dental work is limited right now not to mention expensive. It's said it not only keeps mouth and overall health well it prevents and cures decay.

thoughts or experiences?

by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Kjl620
by Member on Apr. 11, 2017 at 8:15 AM
I do, although not consistently. I have gum issues and it seems to be helping. For remineralizing teeth, I really like tooth powder.
oldfashionSAHM
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2017 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this

i do. Specially when i would have an infected tooth. both my wisdom teeth on top broke several years ago.  We already knew I was going to have problems with them due to the fact that they didn't grow in for years and was already weak when they did finally grow in. not long after growing in they started breaking off. food would get under the crown and get infected. Now there is no crown at all only root left and if i can't get a toothbrush back there and get it good and clean it will still get infected once in a while. 

oil pulling was awesome with that and also helped the gum disease that I have. Although i never got completely rid of it and my kids found out how great coconut oil is and has started using my oil in mega uses.

Jenn_T
by Member on Apr. 11, 2017 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I oil pull off and on.  I do find it really helps, however I have major texture issues and can only go so many weeks before I need a break.

I found that it did help my gums and teeth.  Cleaner, stronger and healthier.  I had a cavity that "disappeared" while oil pulling.  Also, I didn't suffer from dry mouth as badly, which as a vocal music teacher and singer was a blessing!

I also felt like my skin was less dry in  general.  And I didn't have as many headaches.

Roisin07
by Cynthia on Apr. 11, 2017 at 10:41 AM
My 2 kids and I started this morning. Really going to stick with it. Hoping it helps us as I've read it does!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)