Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A good Monday, morning!

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 7:59 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 153 Total Views

Hope everyone's weekend was well.  

My first week with my new garbage system is well underway. Think I'll start to clean the pool and get it ready for water! Think I'll need it during my last few months of pregnancy!

planted some flowers last week, though my lovely chickens already trampled 3 or 4 of my tulips. As much as I enjoy the chickens is as much as I despise them sometimes ! 

My eldest DD just turned 16 yesterday 😭 But she was excited with her gifts. W got her new cowboy boots and horse riding lessons! She was surprised! 

Need to start getting my kids school work together for their end of year Evals this week. I'm ready for this school year to be over!

im also still trying to figure a good way to make money at home. Been wracking my brain and just can't come up with a viable option that's worth it. Idk

guess that's all going on in my world! What's everyone else up to this week?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 7:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Jenn_T
by Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 9:38 AM

Good morning!  I'm back at school this week and like you, looking forward to the end of the year.  Unfortunatly, I have 6 music programs to produce before then and we have a late end this year - June 17th!

My plans for making money at home this summer are through tutoring and doing CSA boxes with our garden.  I'm looking at doing a non-traditional CSA.  I don't want to the worry of getting x number of boxes ready each week and the stress of what happens on a bad garden week.  So I'm planning on harvesting and putting together boxes, then advertising on social media that we have so many boxes at such and such price.  Then we'll have add ons, such as a dozen eggs or a loaf of fresh bread or a jar of jelly or whatnot.  I'm hoping to do 5 boxes a week at $20/box.  Not much, but a bit extra.

This week should be reletively calm in our world.  Just the usual dance/sports runs. It's the last week of Wednesday Faith Formation classes, so as the youth director I'm putting together a quick celebration.  Friday night we host a youth lockin.  Saturday is date night and I have to stop in at Prom.  LOL

oldfashionSAHM
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:09 AM

Lessons, Lessons and more lessons. Did i say lessons already?

Pretty much nothing new here. I do need to get to baking some bread or at least making and freezing so dough for breads. Not sure yet which would be better. Money is getting extra tight. We are trying to pay on hubs credit to get a place we rather have than a $160,000 cage in subburbia. Plus we have to work on getting heat for winter and paying bills. 

My mother is moving in AGAIN. Most of you know what that means. She is going to drive me completely 100% batty within a week. She has lived with us more than own her own. We knew it was coming sooner or later. We was really hoping later. So now my house hunt went from what we want to something that has two seperate living quarters or land to put a tiny house on just for her. Hubs plans this time to put down ground rules and let her know this is our place and she will not come in and take over. she don't like how we do something then get over it or find another place to live. For those of you that don't know. my mother has always been her way or no way and she ALWAYS tries to but in and start running things. I'm regretting telling her she can live her but she is my mother and alone. but this also means i'll end up fighting her to not go to the white coat knife happy quacks. 

on the plus side. I do have a liquid soap base i made from ivory soap so now i'm looking for a shampoo and dish liquid recipes that work. If anyone knows of any I'm open to suggestions.

My soft drinks has whiched over to the bottomed drinks made with real sugar. Since that's costly that's usually just for dinner once or twice a week. We have been doing that for about a month. Yesterday me and hubs got a regular 20 oz mountain dew and i got sick, when I say sick. i got a headache, dizzy, stomach hurting, irritated and felt like throwing up. Same happened to hubs. So we all know I'm going to add in research on this to support my belief that this is a major problem in the US. My parents of which seem to think i've flown into a coocoo nest or something with the way i do things. Hubs for the most part has started shutting up about most of it and leaving me alone.

oldfashionSAHM
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:09 AM

sorry i didn't mean to write a book

ctam682
by Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:41 PM
Cleaned my house and caught up laundry after 36 hours at work. Going to get some bread baked and split wood tomorrow. I really wish the weather would cooperate here so I could get the garden tilled and my potatoes and onions planted.
oldfashionSAHM
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2017 at 9:48 AM

i know right. I'm ready to get some stuff done here as well. We keep hoping to start prepping oil and wood for next winter but instead we are using the last of our supply because everytime we turn around there is a cold snap.

Quoting ctam682: Cleaned my house and caught up laundry after 36 hours at work. Going to get some bread baked and split wood tomorrow. I really wish the weather would cooperate here so I could get the garden tilled and my potatoes and onions planted.

ctam682
by Member on Apr. 25, 2017 at 9:54 AM
Yes we will have some serious work this summer and fall to restock our wood. We are on our last little bit too.

Quoting oldfashionSAHM:

i know right. I'm ready to get some stuff done here as well. We keep hoping to start prepping oil and wood for next winter but instead we are using the last of our supply because everytime we turn around there is a cold snap.

Quoting ctam682: Cleaned my house and caught up laundry after 36 hours at work. Going to get some bread baked and split wood tomorrow. I really wish the weather would cooperate here so I could get the garden tilled and my potatoes and onions planted.

baconbits
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2017 at 12:02 PM

We've been working on the garden and have a good 1/2 of it in already. Weather has really been cooperating this year! We planted a bunch of cabbage, tomatos, etc. in our green house and what we won't use we're going to try and sell at our yard sale in a couple of weeks. Turns out that with a big bag of soil for a buck and a pack of seeds you can get more then 124 cabbage plants! We really don't need any of them but my mil wanted us to try them for her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)