Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Main reason I want to go 100% off the grid

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 12:43 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 62 Total Views
So we got a call this morning. Social service is coming out this afternoon because our youngest missed her July 11 doctor's appointment. The appointment was for a weight check.

Seriously I'm branded a bad mom because she missed a freaking weight check. She weighs 7.4 lbs. I weighed her myself yesterday here at my house and saved $150. The stupid doctor that said "she may or may not have jaundice and I want a heel stick just to see her numbers" would you take your non jaundiced baby back to that doctor? I've have more babies and dealt with more experienced doctors even I have more knowledge and know her test was not required.
by on Jul. 14, 2017 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Roisin07
by Cynthia on Jul. 14, 2017 at 2:38 PM

I'm sorry. I completely understand. It's a stupid reason and I'm sure it'll be done before they even get there. They all overstep into people's lives

oldfashionSAHM
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 5:35 PM
Talked to the social worker when she came by for a assessment. The doctor called them with the claims we missed a amino acid check. When she had no such appointment. Instead of calling it like it is, she said there must have been a miscommunication and we didn't know they was going to do a amino acid check. Umm bull crap that's information that parents should know about beforehand.

But what ever I have to make her and appointment Monday morning. But with a different doctor.

Quoting Roisin07:

I'm sorry. I completely understand. It's a stupid reason and I'm sure it'll be done before they even get there. They all overstep into people's lives

baconbits
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2017 at 11:29 AM

Sounds familiar. Our youngest was in the 115th % height for her age and WIC tried to tell us she was over weight! Ummm actually if you look at it she's in the 105th % for her weight so she closer to underweight then over weight! I think sometimes they're more interested in the money then anything although there are some wonderful Dr's out there as well.

Makes no sense to call in Social Services for a missed appointment. Do they do that for every child who misses an appointment or just yours?

oldfashionSAHM
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2017 at 3:21 PM
Hubs thinks we get the worse end because of us being a big family. On the other side if the state we had a counselor that kept making claims and kept telling everyone there is one way we could take care of all our kids.

I've already talked to the other doctor office and they are going to get her records and look at them before making any calls because they don't believe in sticking a baby or drawing blood without good cause. She has an appointment Thursday to look her over and if they do need to draw blood then they will then.

They also said several people are transferring their care from the other doctor to their care.

Quoting baconbits:

Sounds familiar. Our youngest was in the 115th % height for her age and WIC tried to tell us she was over weight! Ummm actually if you look at it she's in the 105th % for her weight so she closer to underweight then over weight! I think sometimes they're more interested in the money then anything although there are some wonderful Dr's out there as well.

Makes no sense to call in Social Services for a missed appointment. Do they do that for every child who misses an appointment or just yours?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)