Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How are you today?

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:32 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 182 Total Views

Good Morning Ladies,

I woke up to drop off my two oldest girls at school and I'm currently home with the little one who is watching Disney Channel. I am writing to you guys and drinking my morning nutrition. If anyone has questions and anything to share please post it we will love to hear it. Have a great day!

dumbbell  we can do it ladies!!!!!

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Marz31
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Happy Friday! I can't say the morning started out so great, foodwise, but I'll recover. I realized on my drive to work that I really had nothing for breakfast here so I drove-thru.....it's been a long time since I've done that so I consider that a feat! excited to get back to the gym on Monday tho, the in-laws are visiting this weekend. not to get too into it, but it's the first time they've visited in almost 2 years. they live 220 miles away......lame

cditren
by Group Owner on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:05 AM

I hear you girl! my ex-in laws live in NY and so those my mom and I live in Florida so I dont get the privaledge of grandparents having the kids.... at least the ex husband still lives out here and i get every other weekend free :) happy Friday!

parker4429
by New Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 1:43 PM

20 days into my diet and I am still with it.  I do not own a scale so I am not sure how much I have actually lost but I was able to put on a pair of pants that I could not wear a few weeks ago.  So that felt pretty good.  It is not about numbers, pounds, or inches for me - my goal is to be able to go for a walk with my children without having to stop to catch my breath or to go to an amusement park and not be embarrassed about needing help to fasten the safety harness on the rides.  I keep telling myself - one day at a time and one step closer in the right direction.    

cditren
by Group Owner on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:24 PM
How exciting! Keep up the good work, and being consistant....little by little you will achieve your goal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aetrom
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:20 AM
Doing pretty good, getting into a routine once more with exercise and being conscious of portion sizes. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesternNYmom
by Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Started weighing and measuring my portions again. It defenately opened my eyes to how much a serving of Cheeios is supposed to be. I discovered, that while I have been eating pretty well, I have been eating way too much of it.  I was in shock when I weighed a chicken breast, only to discover that the entire thing weighed almost a lb.  A serving of boneless skinless chicken breast is only 4oz.  No wonder I put on weight.

cditren
by Group Owner on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:59 PM
I might just have to try weighing food, I'be never done it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesternNYmom
by Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I find measuring out my portions helps me stay on track.  The average sized cereal bowl can hold up to 3 servings.  Like I said measuring out a cup of cheerios or seeing what a seriving of meat actually looks like is a real eye opener. 1 cup of rice may not look like alot of food, but if you add a serving of meat, and fill the rest of your plate with steamed veggies, or salad you end up with a pretty filling meal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)